Directline Assurance Company Limited
We are looking for a motivated and qualified professional to fill the position of Registry Officer.
Overall Purpose of the Job: Registry Officer is responsible for managing and providing leadership to the Registry Team/Section and ensuring that all registry functions are conducted and delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervise the Records Management Clerks and co-ordinate registry procedures and activities.
- Develop, maintain and update the manual and electronic filing system to suit the company requirements and overall records management.
- Advice the management on appropriate filling systems, equipment, accessories required in the registry.
- Ensure retrieval and delivery of physical files to various departments is made against an approved printed request.
- Ensure all physical files issued to various departments are collected and returned back to the registry at the end of each day and appropriately filed back.
- Ensure incoming files are bar-coded as received for file away.
- Ensure tidiness and cleanliness of the Registry/Filing Room.
- Ensure files reflected in the release screen are collected for file away.
- Sort and determine out-grown files for split/and or create new box files.
- Ensure all files are bar-coded and that a correct replacement is done in case of a split, loss and or tear.
- Manage and update the file data ensuring correct numbering and claim ranges.
- Approve removal of un-requested files (where cases applies) and keep a track to ensure their return.
- Receive, sort, archive and retrieve (from archive) when all sales policies and customer needed audit forms.
- Report missing/misplaced file/s; initiate a search and report when found.
- Carry out proper archive and retrieval procedures for closed claims and legal files.
- Assist in file pull-out and file-away.
- Any other responsibilities will be communicated to the Officer from time to time
- University degree or Diploma in Library Information Services or its equivalent from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education.
- Member of a Professional body
- Certificate of Insurance (COP)
- AIIK Diploma/CII Diploma or any insurance related qualification will be an added advantage
- MUST have at least three (3) years Registry/Library experience in a busy commercial environment
Skills and Attributes
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- High integrity and ethical level; Able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, confident and outgoing personality.
If you qualify for the above advertised role, kindly send us a detailed CV and Application Letter clearly demonstrating your fit as per the roles & responsibilities and the person specifications (academic/professional qualifications, experience, skills & attributes) listed above.
Applications that do not conform to the Application Instructions will not be considered.
Kindly send your application documents to email@example.com to reach us on or before 5.00pm Friday, 24th January 2020.