Directline Assurance Underwriting Manager Job in Kenya 2019
Directline Assurance Company Limited
We are looking for a motivated and qualified professional to fill the position of Underwriting Manager.
Overall Purpose of the Job: The Underwriting Manager will be taking full responsibility for underwriting department to ensure compliance with industry best practice and regulations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- General supervision of underwriting and customer service staff
- Preparation of regular management reports on production and other relevant reports.
- Ensure that all documentation in the underwriting department i.e. policy documents, endorsements, renewal notices etc. are correctly issued and dispatched to the intermediaries/insured/policyholders as applicable.
- To oversee the overall administration of timely issuance of policy documents, renewal confirmations and endorsements.
- Facilitate continuous underwriting staff training to create capacity
- Develop an underwriting manual and update it as and when need be.
- Reviewing sales audit reports from Senior Vetting officer and taking remedial actions where necessary.
- Management of motor certificates by ensuring proper records is maintained.
- Recommending to management effective underwriting systems and procedures for proposals and policies, drafting policies and endorsements and renewals.
- Work closely with risk manager to establish procedures for surveys, initiating risk management programmes and compliance with recommendations on risk improvement.
- Ensure that new risks accepted and/or renewed with the company are vetted to meet the basic quality standards.
- Prepare the table of minimum rates as required by the commissioner of insurance and ensure it is lodged with the office Ensure that AKI circulars and communications from the commissioner’s office relating to underwriting functions are well attended to and responded to on time.
- Risk profiling on suspect claims to establish under writing gaps.
- Developing among staff loyalty to the company personal integrity and adequate professional standards and a sense of satisfaction in the performance of their work.
- Ensure that vehicles insured by the company are subjected to the pre insurance valuations and those values /defects and /or any findings are communicated to policyholders /intermediaries on time
- University degree from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum Overall Grade of C+ in KCSE
- AIIK Diploma/CII Diploma or any insurance related qualification will be an added advantage
- At least 8 – 10 years of experience with motor vehicle insurance companies.
- Experience in dealing with PSV will be an added advantage.
- Experience reporting to a Board of Directors will be an added advantage.
- Must possess at least 5 years of experience in underwriting management; candidates who have experience managing a department are encouraged to apply.
- Ideal candidate should have a mature personality and at least 35 years of age and above.
- Proven ability to manage, coordinate and supervise the Underwriting departments.
Skills and Attributes
- High level of integrity; Able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent Client relationship skills
- Have great attention to detail
- Possess excellent risk management experience
- Must be competent in Planning and organizing departmental functions with a keen eye and attention to details
- Analytical/Research Skills
- Time management skills
- Problem Solving
- Team Building Skills
- Multicultural Sensitivity
- Holding People accountable
- Leadership and developing others
- Relationship building for influence
If you qualify for the above advertised role, kindly send us a detailed CV and Application Letter clearly demonstrating your fit as per the roles & responsibilities and the person specifications (academic / professional qualifications, experience, skills & attributes) listed above.
Applications that do not conform to the Application Instructions will not be considered.
Kindly send your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us on or before 5.00pm Friday, 8th March 2019.