3. Director Accounting Services (CPSB 03) (1 POST)
Job Ref: KCPSB/D/AS/07/14/01/21
Terms of Service: Contract
• Advising the County Government in all County Public Financial accounting matters;
• Implementing approved Government accounting standards;
• Providing advice to County Government on the best appropriate financial reporting formats;
• Providing a link between the County and the National accounting standards bodies on matters relating to public sector financial reporting;
• Developing guidelines of County staffing levels and training to ensure technical competence;
• Participating in County Public Committees as may be directed;
• Oversee the implementation of the approved accounting staffing standards policies and concepts to ensure compliance;
• Oversee the preparation of all County financial statements and returns as per Public Management Act 2012;
• Undertake capacity building for staffs at the County level;
• Ensure proper banking arrangements are in place between County Government, CBK and Commercial Banks;
• Direct and control operations of the County exchequer account;
• Oversee accounting operations of Sub-Counties;
• Perform other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Bachelor’s degree, Accounting/Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other related fields from a university recognized in Kenya;
• A Masters Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage;
• Have CPA (K) or its equivalent;
• Must be registered with a professional body (ICPAK);
• Be able to demonstrate familiarity with Public Financial management and Accounting Systems;
• Have at least seven (7) years post qualification experience in a busy commercial or public financial accounting and treasury environment;
• Satisfy the requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on leadership;
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed
• Curriculum Vitae,
• Academic and Professional certificates,
• PIN Certificate,
• National Identity Card or Passport and
• Any other supporting documents.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, both on the cover letter and the envelope. Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 260 – 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4TH floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays).
Applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below.
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
• Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before Friday, 28th May 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Women and persons living with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
Salary and benefits attached to these posts are as per the guidelines by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit our website:
www.kirinyaga.go.ke for more details.
The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.