B. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
3) POSITION: Director, Education Support, JOB GROUP CPSB 03 (‘R’) (1 POST)
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 121,430 x 6,070- 127,500 x 6,370- 133,870 x 6,570- 140,440 x 6,770- 147,210 x 6,960- 154,170 x 7,160- 161,330 x 7,810 – 169,140p.m
Terms of Service: Three (3) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
The officer will report to the Chief Officer, Education, Science and Technology. Specific duties and responsibilities will entail: –
i. Provide leadership in the formulation, implementation, monitoring of policies and strategies in development of Education Support;
ii. Supervise the promotion and implementation of Education Support programmes and policies;
iii. Prepare and implement the strategic plan and annual work plans in the Department;
iv. Prepare the budget and procurement plans for the Department;
v. Coordinate and provide technical support to the stakeholders;
vi. Mobilize resources for Education support programs in the County;
vii. Develop partnerships with various stakeholders to improve status and management of Education support programs and link the stakeholders to the County;
viii. Provide framework for reporting from all education support programmes; and
ix. Supervise the design, development and preparation of education support programs for both normal and special needs in both primary and secondary schools.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
i. Be a Kenyan citizen;
ii. Have served in Job Group CPSB 04 (‘Q’) for at minimum period of three (3) years or; Served in a comparable and relevant position in the Private sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
iii. Have a Bachelor’s degree in Education from a recognized university;
iv. Have a Master’s degree in Educational Planning Management/Project Management, Strategic Management or its equivalent will be an added advantage;
v. Have ten (10) years relevant working experience, five (5) of which should have been at a Senior Management level;
vi. Have clear understanding of National Education Framework, Policies Goals and Objectives;
vii. Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Article 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010; and
viii. Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
1. Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form.
2. All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
3. ALL Serving Officers in Public Service, MUST clearly indicate: –
• The Officer’s Payroll Number;
• Date of first appointment;
• Date of last promotion to the current grade;
• Substantive designation and Job Group; and
• The Officer’s respective public institution.
4. During interviews, shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following original documents: – National Identity Card; Academic and Professional Certificates; and where applicable; current payslip and letter of last promotion to the current grade.
5. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
6. The County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer.
7. Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
8. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
9. Successfully selected candidates will be required to fulfill the Chapter Six requirements of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on integrity and leadership, before appointment.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the Application Form and submit it ONLINE on or before 28th May, 2021 at 11.59 P.M.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email i.e., email@example.com will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB) DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.