C. DEPARTMENT OF LANDS, PHYSICAL PLANNING, URBAN AREAS AND HOUSING
4). POSITION: Director, Land, Survey and Geo-Informatics JOB GROUP CPSB 03 (‘R’) (1 POST)
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh 121,430 x 6,070- 127,500 x 6,370- 133,870 x 6,570- 140,440 x 6,770- 147,210 x 6,960- 154,170 x 7,160- 161,330 x 7,810 – 169,140p.m
Terms of Service: Three (3) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Officer, the Director will be responsible for all matters related to survey and land management matters. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
i. Provide leadership in the management and administration of the directorate;
ii. Preparation and implementation of strategic and annual work plans for the directorate;
iii. Preparation of budget and procurement plans;
iv. Coordination of preparation of a database for all public land in the county in collaboration with National Land Commission;
v. Supervision of control, topographical, cadastral, engineering, re-establishment and general surveys;
vi. Supervision of work at the GIS Laboratory and digitization of land and survey projects;
vii. Management of staff in the directorate; and
viii. Identify and develop training needs for the Directorate.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
i. Be a Kenyan citizen;
ii. Have a Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
iii. Bachelor’s degree from a University recognized in Kenya in any of the following; disciplines; Land surveying and photogrammetry, geomatics engineering, geospatial engineering, Technology in geomatics, Philosophy in survey technology;
iv. Have ten (10) years working experience, five (5) of which should have been at a Senior Management level in Land surveying and mapping or related field;
v. Is a Full Member of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya;
vi. Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Program or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage; and
vii. Certificate in Geographical Information System.
1. Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form.
2. All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
3. ALL Serving Officers in Public Service, MUST clearly indicate: –
• The Officer’s Payroll Number;
• Date of first appointment;
• Date of last promotion to the current grade;
• Substantive designation and Job Group; and
• The Officer’s respective public institution.
4. During interviews, shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following original documents: – National Identity Card; Academic and Professional Certificates; and where applicable; current payslip and letter of last promotion to the current grade.
5. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
6. The County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer.
7. Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
8. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
9. Successfully selected candidates will be required to fulfill the Chapter Six requirements of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on integrity and leadership, before appointment.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the Application Form and submit it ONLINE on or before 28th May, 2021 at 11.59 P.M.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email i.e., email@example.com will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB) DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.