PKF firms in Eastern Africa are among the leading firms of accountants and business advisers. PKF in Eastern Africa is represented in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Zambia and Somalia/Somaliland and through its associated firms in Ethiopia and Southern Sudan.
REF NUMBER: DFS/PKF004
About the position
Reporting to the Managing Director, this position has the mandate of achieving effectiveness and efficiency in financial resource management, investments and enhancing accountability in resources utilisation for financial sustainability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate the company’s financial strategy and ensure proper implementation.
- Ensure sound corporate governance through proper controls and risk management.
- Develop, implement, maintain and review sound financial policies, systems and procedures.
- Coordinate setting of performance targets and evaluation for the respective line managers.
- Ensure timely and accurate accounting and reporting in compliance with the company requirements and accounting standards.
- Advise the company on financial viability of proposed investments and funding strategies.
- Ensure compliance with legal and statutory regulations.
- Oversee the implementation and performance of an effective integrated Accounting System.
Education, Professional Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/ Accounting or relevant Business-related field from a recognised University.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field from a recognised University.
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K) or equivalent qualification from a recognised Institution of Higher Learning.
- Registered member of a relevant Professional Body.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of work experience, at least five (5) of which should be at senior management level.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong management, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to drive change.
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the reference number as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 4 July. 2022