Director of Operations Jobs, Director Jobs in Kenya, Educate Jobs
Reporting to the Country Director, our new Director of Operations will lead and improve upon operational processes (in program implementation and support functions) to increase efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and performance at scale, so that we can deliver on testing this solution and positioning in it for even greater scale. You’ll join a dynamic leadership team committed to organizational and professional growth
- Performance Objectives
Lead country-wide operations to drive world-class team performance
● Working with executive and in-country leadership teams, set strategy to maximize success towards Educate!’s vision of measurably millions of students across Africa
● Collaborate with management team to implement global functional initiatives to ensure successful completion of top organization-wide objectives
● Oversee the operations’ teams staffing structures and annual and termly goals
● Ensure tight financial management in line with Educate! culture
● Exemplify clear and consistent communication to all levels of the organization
● Oversee strategic management of key risks facing the organization
● Consistently utilize strong project management skills, and coach team in the same
- Program Implementation Oversight
● Ensure the Educate! Exchange team performs in alignment with set work-plans and strategic objectives
● Ensure the consistent use of key management tools such as the monthly calendar, program scorecard, and training schedules
● Collaborate with the Country Director to develop staffing strategy, including job descriptions and role differentiation
● Oversee budget planning and reallocation, and verify that resources are available to the team and relevant stakeholders
● Support the team in adjusting execution plans to meet targets, based on monitoring data
- Performance Management
● Clearly articulate Educate! Rwanda’s vision internally and manage changes in country activities to maintain strong team alignment and engagement
● Build, lead and coach a highly results oriented team to deliver our goals
● Quickly address employee performance issues with a caring approach and an eye towards their improvement, while being comfortable exiting non-performers to drive highest quality team performance and growth
● Create team recruitment and training strategies to ensure high-quality deliverance and scalable cost model.
● Conduct performance management of direct reports and fair and accurate performance reviews for team.
● Lead culture building through
● Open minded and flexible management
● Performance management towards excellence
● Encouraging personal and professional development among staff and investing in staff skill building
● Driving the team towards youth-facing solutions and cost effectiveness
● Identifying challenges that are best solved through systems development and improvement
● Creating opportunities for staff bonding and retreats and creating a fun and collaborative work environment.
- Financial oversight
● Provide financial leadership to maintain a stringent environment of financial management and integrity
● Manage financial constraints strategically to optimize impact against cost and position Educate! to continue to accelerate growth year over year
● Support the Finance Coordinator in the growth and development of the finance function
● Ensure all regulatory compliance requirements are met, including but not exclusive to annual audits, and necessary tax payments
● Support Country Director in ensuring timely financial reporting, and managing to a monthly budget variance of 5% or less.
● Drive forward the creation and review of staff policies & procedures (finance manuals, common cost sheet, etc.)
● Approve expenditures as necessary
● Provide training and coaching to staff on new financial procedures
Qualifications and Profile
● Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
● At least seven years of professional experience (or 5 years + a master’s
degree), including experience managing operations in a fast-paced,high-performance environment and at least three years managing people
& coordinating teams
● Proven experience establishing, implementing, and executing operational
● Critical thinker with a creative and customer-centric approach to
● Organized, influential, and fluent in using technology, including Excel
● Financial integrity
● Passion for Educate!’s mission is a must, but past work in education or
youth development is not required. We value diverse perspectives and
encourage applications from people with a variety of backgrounds.
● Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is Educate! About? below); Learn
more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here
● Rwandan candidates strongly preferred. Female candidates are strongly
encouraged to apply
● Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
● Benefits include medical insurance.
● This position will be based in Kigali.
How To Apply
Intrigued? Learn more on our careers page or apply for the role by sending your
Updated CV and a two pager answering answer the questions in our website.