Donor relations & Partnerships Officer Jobs, Administration Jobs in Kenya, AECF Jobs
The AECF (Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund) is a nonprofit institution supporting early and growth stage businesses to innovate, create jobs, leverage investments and markets in an effort to create resilience and
sustainable incomes for rural poor and marginalized communities in Africa.
AECF’s strategy is focused on agribusiness/agriculture and renewable energy sectors with increased support to climate technologies, deepened focus on gender, youth, and employment, aimed at attaining the institution’s vision of ‘A Prosperous and Enterprising Rural Africa’.
Since 2008, AECF has invested in 268 businesses across sub-Sahara Africa focusing on Agribusiness, Renewable Energy and Climate Technologies. As at 2018, we have impacted more than 17 million lives and created over 12,000 jobs and leveraged over US$ 560 million in matching funds from the private sector.
AECF is currently expanding its programs in Africa and our new strategy is looking to unlock further and
differently the power of the private sector to impact rural and marginalized communities. We are
therefore seeking an individual willing to be part of this journey and push us to be bold in the setting and
implementation of our strategic objectives.
Provides programmatic and administrative support to the Donor Relations activities in AECF team in the execution of its core business. The position requires a commitment to quality control, accuracy and follow-up. The successful candidate will be exposed to situations requiring considerable discretion, judgment, tact, diplomacy and timely responsiveness.
- Conduct research and draft proposals and concept notes for all AECF programs as needed;
- Maintain records of reports due to donors on ongoing AECF programs and report on status of reporting
deadlines on an ongoing basis.
- Undertaking research to generate donor briefs about aid policy and priorities of potential partners and
- Providing logistical, administrative and operational support for the department to prepare for
missions, meetings and events;
- Oversee all Donor Relationship/Business Development related events – including donor meetings,
partnerships and other meetings relevant Resource Mobilization and draft agenda and other
documents needed for the events/meetings.
- Take good notes at each meeting; capturing the key areas for follow up and ensure follow up with
donors and team as discussed in respective meetings.
- Support the team in donor identification/prospecting through outreach; development and updating of
- Creating and implementing a standard pre-planning process to be used for all identified new
- Program Delivery – works closely with other staff to ensure that the program delivery is at par with
donor expectation. Sits on program taskforces as required.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project management, Business Administration, Economics or political science
from a reputable institution.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field such as marketing, communications, public administration,
international relations and Development Studies will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in resource mobilization for large multilateral or bilateral agencies or
international organizations primarily in Africa. Experience in relevant AECF sectors preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience at a management position in a donor development and resource
- Experience in resource mobilization to support
The AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The AECF considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How To Apply
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please
submit your application quoting in the subject line the Job Title “Donor Relations and partnership Officer
– AECF/DRPO/2020” and attach a detailed CV with correct e-mail address and telephone contacts.
Kindly note that the applications will remain open until filled, address to: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted