Career Opportunities at Equity Bank
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is transforming Lives, giving dignity and expanding opportunities for wealth creation.
With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Equity Bank is now home to over 14.5 million customers, the largest customer base in Africa.
Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
In line with enhancing career progression of staff and to support business growth, we seek to recruit qualified, experienced, self-driven, highly motivated and passionate candidate to fill the position outlined below within Operations unit.
Position: Business Growth & Development Managers – BGDM (Branch Managers)
Reporting to the Regional General Manager, the role holder will be in charge of the overall leadership of a Branch.
He/she will be expected to aggressively drive the Branch growth and profitability targets by identifying, developing and maintaining relationships with customers as well as providing leadership to the Branch staff.
Purpose of the Role
- To generate new business whilst maintaining existing client base in order to achieve set business targets
- To ensure that high quality standards of customer experience is provided in order to attract, retain active and enthusiastic customers for increased sustainable business
- To optimize resources mainly human capital and Bank assets in order to achieve a quality effective and efficient business operation while appreciating the business risks.
Reporting to the Regional General Manager, the role holder will be responsible for the following:
- Proactively market lending and deposit opportunities from current and prospective clients
- Champion growth of non-funded income lines to ensure a balanced healthy business
- Understand and provide clear direction to the branch based on market analysis and local area customer trends and competitor offering
- Budget accountability: responsible for strict cost management in the branch.
- Drive and inculcate the right corporate culture at all times
- Create an empowering environment for direct reports that foster creativity and encourage innovation
- Develop a high performing team through effective use of KPIs/ SMART targets and timely reviews with active feedback and coaching
- Ensure training of staff is carried out and business continuity plans are in place
- Reward and recognize high performing teams and staff, hence motivating the team towards high performance
- Directly responsible for discipline among staff within the branch by following the Bank’s disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Conduct regular meetings with branch staff to ensure all staff are on track on performance, receive feedback on any issues arising from the business and support those with performance challenges.
- Ensure the branch achieves service excellence by closely monitoring and improving customer service standards, through closely working with the Regional Customer Service Managers
- Ensure regular training on customer service is done for the branch teams by the Customer Service Champions
- Ensure stellar customer service and prompt attendance to any customer complaints.
Compliance & Risk
- Ensure that all operations and controls within the branches are adhered to and in compliance with set regulations, to protect the business
- Achieve performance standards in the branch audit; low portfolio at risk (PAR) by ensuring that there is quality lending; no frauds and overall high compliance standards
- Budget planning, control and evaluation for the Branch.
Additional Responsibilities: On request, participate in Departmental and or Group wide business initiatives including any other matters that may be assigned from time to time.
- Is an inclusive leader with an extroverted interest in people
- Enjoys responsibility, authority and the social initiative required by a leadership position
- Applies pressure in a charismatic way to achieve an objective and to gain acceptance of their point of view
- Applies interpersonal skills, self-confidence and charisma to influence and persuade
- Is an excellent motivator, knows how to communicate and can persuade
- Is very independent, has no difficulty accepting risks and has a strong sense of urgency.
- Display initiative and an enthusiastic, positive and persuasive style
- Take immediate control of situations and does what it takes to attain objectives and solve problems
- Makes decisions in a spontaneous and confident way, based on the available information
- Is a good team leader; with a confident and “in charge” attitude to lead the group to the completion of goals
- Encourages direct reports by delegating work, exerting effective controls progressively towards objectives
- Exercises a lot of pressure to get projects completed.
- Thorough understanding of the Banking industry and the policies and procedures of the Bank
- Good knowledge of the business environment, industry regulations and government regulations
- World class customer service skills
- Good working knowledge of MS office suite and Bank’s systems.
Qualifications & Working Experience
- Holder of a degree (business related preferably) from a recognized University will be desired) or its equivalent with 7 years’ experience in a managerial function
- Holder of banking professional qualifications such as ACIB or AKIB and working experience in a multicultural environment will have an added advantage
- Over 12 years working experience at Equity Bank/ industry, with prior experience in both Branch operations and credit having served in the current role for more than 5 years
- Last performance rating of 3 and above with no disciplinary case/ sanction in the last 3 years.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above, submit your detailed Curriculum Vitae, quoting the job title as the subject by 24th January, 2020.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equity Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
We value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values and what they bring to the workplace.