Extension Services Team Leader Job in Johannesburg, South Africa 2019
Our client, an agricultural production startup venture based in Johannesburg, South Africa is seeking to hire an Extension Services Team Leader (Agronomist and Veterinary) on a three (3) years contract.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Team Leader will be responsible for the day to day activity of running the inventory, machinery and warehouse operations.
Job Purpose: To provide consultation with farmers and agricultural businesses and give talks, guidance and actual demonstration on the latest technologies related to agriculture. To attend seminars and work with other experts in agriculture to develop new methods that could advance production.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify and interpret current research needs for regional communities and enterprises.
- Organize and manage field days, study groups, speak at grower groups, write fact sheets and give reports.
- Collaborate with production staff to ensure traceability of finished products.
- Visit and encourage farm managers to adopt best practice techniques by providing exposure to new knowledge, information, skills, inputs and processes.
- Propagate new farming methods in conjunction with the farmers.
- Research food, fiber and animal products in conjunction with agricultural scientists. Assist cattle farmers, and guide and assist veterinary surgeons in the treatment of different animal diseases.
- Develop recovery programmes for eroded soil, protect cultivated land against erosion and develop a new pasture system.
- Propagate farming and development programmes aimed at reaching marginalized farmers or those who have little access to information and extension services to become more self-reliant and independent.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness Management
- 3-5 years’ experience in agro-business development and extension services
- Research and presentation skills
- Knowledgeable in emerging trends in agriculture
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting ‘Extension Services Team Leader (Agronomist and Veterinary)’ on the email subject not later than 15th April 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is an equal opportunity Employer and does not discriminate applicants on any basis.