Farm Supervisor Job in Machakos, Kenya 2019
Job Title: Farm Supervisor
Our client is a Farm based in Machakos County.
They seek to hire an experienced and competent Farm Supervisor for their farm in Machakos.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in farming, crops, milking, breeding, and caring for cows, and performs lay-veterinary duties on dairy farm: Assigns workers to tasks, such as feeding and milking cows, cleaning cattle, barns, and equipment, and assisting with breeding and health care.
- Assist in the agricultural farm management, cutting and bailing grass, drying and storage of feeds, chopping of grass, maize stalks, chopping maize, maize cobs and other feeds.
- Inspects barns and milking parlor for cleanliness and maintenance and informs workers of actions required to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Studies feed and milk production records to determine feed formula required to produce maximum milk yield and notifies workers of diet changes.
- Studies genetic and health records to develop schedules for activities, such as breeding, dehorning, and sale of calves.
- Schedules breeding, vaccinating, and dehorning of cows and calves.
- Observes cows during estrus and artificially inseminates cows to produce desired offspring.
- Examines cows for evidence of illness, injuries, and calving, treats illnesses and injuries, delivers calves, and engages Veterinarian to care for serious injuries and illnesses.
- Performs farming supervisory duties as are incidental in an agricultural farm.
- Research and identify the needs of clients and solutions best suited for them.
Qualifications / Skills Required
- AHITI trained certificate/ Diploma holder
- Valid Motorcycle and tractor driving licenses.
- Self – motivated, aggressive and outgoing personality
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Farm Supervisor– Machakos) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25th February 2019.
Kindly indicate current / last salary on your CV.
Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted and contacted for interviews.