We are Hiring!
Our client a Kenyan company whose main business is distribution of milk and milk-related products in East Africa is seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the position is responsible for ensuring prudent allocation and utilization of financial resources within the organization through development and implementation of sound and effective financial policies.
The role holder will also provide a general oversight to the Finance and Accounting function.
Main Responsibilities of Job
- Participate in the development of the overall company strategy and take part in the implementation of these strategy;
- Develop and implement strategies for the management of all relevant areas of Finance to ensure adherence to the overall business objectives;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the company budget to ensure prudent utilisation of the budget and efficient allocation of resources to the various departments necessary for quality implementation of the overall corporate strategy;
- Develop, enhance, implement, and maintain an accurate, efficient, timely and effective financial reporting system to ensure compliance with group and legislative reporting requirements and deadlines;
- Enhance, implement, and maintain financial control processes throughout the business to identify and mitigate key business risks and ensure timely and complete execution of fiduciary duties;
- Develop finance policies and procedures and ensure compliance to the same;
- Drive the implementation of finance improvement initiatives as well as lead the move to best practice to enhance process efficiency and quality of outputs;
- Lead the development and maintenance of the finance and accounting policies and procedures manual for proper guidance on the different processes carried out in the department;
- Lead and manage the team to deliver strategy whilst planning, managing individual and teamwork flow including setting targets;
- Work with Accounting Team to define, build and refine the reporting capability to ensure robust, accurate, and timely financial and product performance data;
- Undertake the review and approval of financial management reports for use by senior management and ensure they are presented in a formal and timely manner;
- Facilitate the development and implementation of new financial reporting strategies in response to changing business circumstances and strategic initiatives, both commercially and regulatory-driven;
- Liaise with the Heads of Departments to ensure robust and timely production of financial and Accounting reporting across all metrics to provide accurate information to management for decision making;
- Oversee the availability of effective financial controls to mitigate financial leakage or fraud to prevent any loss to the business;
- Ensure compliance of the company with Government Authorities;
- Monitor the financial performance and cash flows of the business and advise management with regard to the financial position;
- Coo-ordinate, compile, and manage the audit process to produce the annual financial statements according to the international reporting standards within the specified deadlines; and
- Act as the financial advisor to the senior management when the need arises to provide accurate information to the team for informed decision-making.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a closely related field;
- Fully qualified accountant with Certified Public Accountant (CPA)/Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)/Chartered Accountant (CA);
- 10 years’ experience in finance, five of which should be in senior management;
- Member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or equivalent;
- Financial Accounting and analysis;
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements;
- Budgeting and planning –experience and ability to define the departmental and organization-wide budgets and to advise on budgeting implications for strategy realization; and
- Enthusiastic, confident, and optimistic demeanour with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by Monday, 9th August 2021 stating the subject heading “FINANCE DIRECTOR” clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.