Financial Controlling Analyst Job in Kenya 2019
Job Title: Financial Controlling Analyst
Reports To: Financial Controller
The Supply Financial Controlling Analyst is a role within Africa Business Services Centre (ABSC) Financial Controlling Team.
Based in Nairobi and requires supportive and challenging business partnering.
Success is entirely dependent on managing and maintaining excellent relationship with the market Finance and Supply / Production Operations teams and the ability to work effectively with remote teams.
Key Stakeholders include:
- FDs and their Finance teams
- Supply Directors and their teams
- External and Internal Auditors
- GDBS and other Global Diageo teams.
- Data maintenance teams
- The role will have no direct reports.
Purpose of Role
The role covers the set of activities that entails stocks analysis process. Ensuring that internal controls are established across the stocks management process areas is a key element of the role.
Regular financial analysis done to transform data (actual, historical & plans) to a form that helps in understanding of costs and thus supports cost controlling. A key output from the analysis is aggregating the risks & opportunities from the above mentioned sub process areas, required actions determined and communicated to senior management.
Accuracy and completeness of the financial data generated is of key importance to ensure risks are mitigated appropriately and opportunities recognized and pursued.
- Engage and align with key stakeholders on stock take procedures and ensure that all stock take procedures are observed for all location; onsite and offsite locations
- Provide financial insights for supply improvement task force (ITF) on savings, losses and controls for packaging, brew-house and warehouse.
- Monitor trends and movements of returnable assets both physically and in system the system to identify risks
- Monitor and review scrapping for finished goods in the warehouse to ensure they are correct and are in formats that can recharged
- Prepare process loss and variance report for the site and engage the area owners on key drivers and improvement
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Qualified Professional Accountant- CPA(K)/ACCA/ACMA
- Business related Degree.
- At least 3-4 years working experience in a multinational corporate environment, with exposure to some of the following areas:
- Proven track record in the area of Financial Accounting / Reporting, and/or Financial Controlling experience is strongly preferred
- Internal / external audit experience and/or SOX is an advantage
- Experience with Shared services process activities is an advantage
- Capable of working in a deadline driven environment.
- Working in a multi-national finance environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage senior managers as well as other process stakeholders.
- Demonstrated English proficiency (read, write and speak)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Systems knowledge
- Relevant experience with integrated systems such as SAP is an advantage.
- MS applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word, etc.)
- BFC knowledge is an advantage
- Visual Basic knowledge is an advantage
How to Apply
In case you believe your career objective match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed c.v stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 5pm on 20th March 2019 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.