Kwale International Sugar Company (KISCOL) is based in Ramisi, Kwale County wishes to recruit competent and highly skilled candidates for the following roles.
Purpose of the job: To identify potential risks of fire, follow ups in event of fire, advisory on fire safety.
Key Roles and Responsibilities for the position
- Participating and coordinating activities of firefighting personnel at the company and inspecting equipment and premises to ensure adherence to the fire regulations.
- Inspecting and ordering of replacement and servicing of firefighting equipment such as extinguishers, hydrant systems and sprinklers.
- Issuing permits for storage and use of hazardous or flammable materials.
- Inspecting premises to detect combustion hazards.
- Ordering and directing fire drills.
- Directing firefighting and rescue activities according to knowledge of accepted procedures.
- Leading investigations in determining the cause of a fire, as well as determining if there is possibility of arson.
- Educating employees about fire safety and fire.
- Ensuring that fire alarms are checked for functionality on a daily basis and a log maintained for the same in order to enhance firefighting preparedness and alertness.
- Coordinating activities of employees engaged in maintenance and repair of fire – fighting vehicles, equipment and buildings. Also inspecting fire fighting equipment and facilities to define repair or malfunctioning units’ physical structures.
- The successful candidate must have a Certificate in Fire Safety management
- Three (3) years relevant work experience at the level of Deputy Fire Marshal and above in a large manufacturing plant.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their cover letter and CV:
HR & Administration Manager
Kwale International Sugar Company Limited
P.O Box 46279-00100
OR Email: email@example.com indicating the Position as the Subject of the email.
Hand Delivery is also encouraged at the main gate Kwale Factory.
Please Indicate the position applied for on top of the envelope.
To be considered, your application must be received on/before the 6th November 2021.