Flower Farm Manager Job in Kenya 2019
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position of Farm Manager for a flower farm.
The Farm Manager reports to the Managing Director and will be responsible for the planning, production, operations, and overall management of the farm.
- Provide leadership at the farm to ensure smooth, efficient and profitable operation.
- In consultation with the Managing Director, prepare the annual business and operations plan and present the same to the board.
- Provide professional and technical expertise on growing indoor and outdoor summer flowers using the best practices.
- Ensure timely, and successful implementation of the company’s business objectives.
- Oversee adherence to the laid down production, harvesting and post harvesting codes of practice.
- Prepare and present monthly production, management and financial performance reports to the board.
- Train and mentor the management team and ensure they have the necessary skills, competencies and motivation to deliver the company’s vision.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in agriculture, floriculture, agronomy or related subject.
- 5 years’ experience at managing a summer flower farm with a workforce of 200-400 employees.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong organizational, people management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team, inspire and motivate staff.
- Solid and demonstrable planning, monitoring analytical and implementation skills.
- Ability to set measurable productivity targets across the company and ensuring the same are met.
To apply send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your CV.