No of Positions: 2
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must be in possession of :
- Bachelor of Science degree in any of the following disciplines: Geochemistry, Geology, Chemistry, GeoScience or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will be assigned geo-energy duties and will work under close supervision of an experienced officer.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Conducting desk studies and literature review for planning field projects;
- Establishing criteria for selection of sample points prior to data acquisition;
- Calibrating field tools and equipment;
- Sampling using relevant geochemical techniques related o geothermal, coal and nuclear energy resources; and
- Ensuring safe custody of collected data
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100,NAIROBI
Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be
Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the
Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents. Applications should reach the Commission on or before 15th March 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)