Geography Teacher Jobs, Teaching Jobs in Kenya, St Andrew’s Turi Jobs
- St Andrew’s Senior School is seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic teacher of Geography. The location of St Andrew’s on the edge of the Rift Valley is ideal for Geography and the opportunity to organise field trips in this area is extensive.
- Geography is a popular option at IGCSE and all students study Geography in Year 9. The successful candidate will also be expected to teach students from Year 9 to Year 13.
- The ability to teach a second subject would be a necessity. In addition, the roles of Head of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) or Assistant Exam Officer could also be available to the right candidate.
- St Andrew’s is committed to providing a vibrant co-curricular and boarding program to which all staff contribute.
- Working at St Andrew’s, Turi, is an exciting and dynamic experience. We look to recruit committed and resourceful staff, who are looking to not only develop their skills and leadership capacities, but also embrace new experiences and challenges.
- There are some things that are essential to working with us. The successful candidate will need to be able to support the School’s aims and Christian ethos.
- They will have to have a degree as well as a recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, and of course, the relevant experience.
- Beyond that we want to have staff who love working as part of a team; who are first-class communicators; who are passionate about the subjects and students they teach; who are creative and diligent in their planning and who are adaptable, energetic and resilient.
- Experience of working in a Senior School, or in boarding, would be desirable, but
not essential. Above all, what matters is a commitment to help us provide a worldclass education for our children.
How To Apply
To find out more please contact the HR Director, Ms Janet Ndiho.
Tel: +254 (0) 734288501 Email: HRDirector@turimail.co.ke
Applications are encouraged as early as possible. These should be submitted by email to the HR Director at HRDirector@turimail.co.ke and include: a completed application form, and a brief covering letter. Application forms are available on the School website, or from the HR Director.
Closing date for applications: Monday 20th January, 2020
Preliminary online interviews: Starting 21st January, 2020
Final Interviews (Kenya & UK): From 29th January 2020
Start Date: 1st September 2020