Our client GlaxoSmithKline, one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare company is seeking to recruit Microbiologist Interns.
Duration: 12 Months
1. Perform material and finished product microbiological testing to ensure quality of the final product before release according to SOPs.
2. Accurately, timely and according to Good Documentation Practices document results in the microbiology lab results forms and Master Batch Records.
3 Sample and perform microbiological analysis of water to ensure microbiological control of the water systems.
4 Maintain and review microbiological SOPs, reports and forms. Keep all documents under neat and safe conditions.
5 Prepare, control through inventory and Growth Promotion Tests culture media in the lab.
6. Prepare, control and standardize reagent usage in the lab.
7. Monitor stock levels of culture media, reagents, glassware and other lab consumables to avoid stock outs.
8. Participate in environmental monitoring through swab, ambient air and compressed air testing and trending of data.
9. Carry out testing of detergents and disinfectants.
10. Maintain reference cultures.
11. Carry out Preservative Efficacy Tests according to the stability programme.
12. Report to the Microbiologist any results deviating from the set specifications or limits and participate in laboratory investigations.
13. Maintain safety and 5 principles within the microbiology lab environment.
14. Carry out calibration checks and routine maintenance on all microbiology lab equipment and instruments.
15. Update informational microbiology lab boards.
1. Leave planning.
2. Stability analysis for Panadol B&I
3. Stability for Calpol new strawberry flavour.
4. Stability for Scotts ranges.
5. Cleaning Validation analysis of rinses.
6. Hold time studies for third party products.
- Diploma or degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Biomedical lab sciences or related sciences.
- Strong customer focus
- Operate with a strong sense of integrity, ethics, responsibility and commitment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player
- Problem solving skills
- Learning agility
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th October 2020.
Clearly indicate the job title.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.