Head of Compliance Jobs, Master Card Foundation Jobs
The Head of Compliance, Africa is a newly-created position at the Foundation and comes at an exciting time of growth for the Foundation as it implements its new strategy, Young Africa Works. The Foundation is evolving to a new way of working to deliver on our Young Africa Works Strategy. This role will focus on co-creating and implementing compliance programs across various regulatory areas and overall leadership development of a function.
Reporting to the Head of Legal and Compliance and working closely with the Head of Legal, Africa, the Head of Compliance, Africa will provide a broad range of high-impact compliance practices and strategies to the Foundation. They will be a leader, subject matter expert and critical resource to the organization. They will also be responsible for the design and implementation of best-in-class practical compliance programs to promote the highest levels of integrity and ethics and ensure the Foundation meets its regulatory requirements.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- · Participate in the creation of an integrated Compliance vision and framework to build organizational capacity in support of the Foundation’s reputation as a leader in integrity and ethics.
- · Lead the design and delivery of the Foundation’s Compliance framework that enables the achievement of organizational goals.
- · In partnership with the business leaders and external partners co-create the design and lead the implementation of Compliance programs.
- In conjunction with external partners, co-create Compliance solutions that address emerging and future needs of the Foundation.
- Lead the implementation of training and e-learning as well as introduce engaging and impactful learning solutions/experiences that enhance employee compliance capabilities.
- Lead the development of systems and processes that support efficient and effective management of all regulatory compliance for the Foundation.
- Provide strategic direction to the senior management team on compliance matters for the Foundation.
- In partnership with Programs stakeholders, oversee the Foundation’s Safeguarding compliance components.
- Oversee and continuously improve monitoring and due diligence activities.
- · Develop annual compliance plans that uniquely address the compliance needs of the Foundation
- · Periodically revise the compliance plan as the need arises across the Foundation.
- · Champion a values-based compliance culture as our organization evolves.
- University Degree and/or Graduate Degree (Masters/PhD), preferably in Law, Accounting or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Compliance, including anti-terrorist financing and anti-money laundering, anti-corruption, anti-bribery, and privacy and data security, within various African jurisdictions.
- Experience in developing and delivering a broad range of learning experiences including experience with e-Learning Platforms.
- Proven ability to effectively influence, build relationships and leverage the formal and informal organizational structure.
- Ability to exercise appropriate and sound judgement and discretion in dealing with legal matters.
- Experience working in a start-up or ‘build’ environment.
- Ability to take initiative, “roll-up one’s sleeves” and bring creative new approaches and diverse solutions.
- Results driven; motivated by a sense of performance excellence and a sense of urgency.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- · Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- · Ability to challenge appropriately and voice alternative perspectives and viewpoints.
- · Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- · Must be fluent in English.
How To Apply