Head Of Mathematics Jobs, Teaching Jobs in Kenya, St Andrew’s Turi Jobs.
St Andrew’s Prep School is seeking to appoint a Head of Mathematics who will be responsible to the Deputy Head Academic for the provision of Mathematics throughout the Preparatory School, as well as contributing across all areas of school life.
Their chief responsibility will be to provide the highest standards of Mathematics with the aim of achieving excellent value-added for each child through outstanding teaching and learning within their department. The Head of Mathematics will teach principally in Years 7 and 8.
St Andrew’s Prep School follows the British Curriculum throughout the School. St. Andrew’s Prep School is committed to providing a vibrant co-curricular and boarding programme to which all staff contribute.
This post would suit a current Head of Department looking for a new challenge and looking to develop their leadership skills. Alternatively, the role might suit an exceptional individual with experience gained as a Teacher of Mathematics and who has a desire for greater challenge and responsibility.Experience of working in a Prep School, or in boarding, would be desirable, but not essential. Above all, what matters is a commitment to help us provide a
world-class education for our children.
Essential Desirable Qualifications
- A good degree
- A recognised teaching qualificatione.g. PGCE
- A demonstrable commitment to professional self-improvement
- Experience of teaching KS3 in Mathematics
- A proven track record of excellent teaching ability and classroom management skills
- Successful experience in raising student achievement and adding value
- Current Head of Department
- Experience of teaching KS2 in Mathematics
- Experience of teaching the Common
- Entrance syllabus
- Experience of boarding Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed ICT skills
- Ability to use a range of teaching strategies to enthuse the full range of abilities
- Evidence of being able to lead, manage and be responsible for initiatives/ developments.
- Knowledge of current generic developments in teaching and learning.
- Support the School’s Christian ethos
- Excellent organisational skills
- Enthusiasm for the subject and a desire to communicate that to others.
- Willing to work within the context of a busy boarding school, which includes some evening and weekend duties.
- An ability to offer co-curricular expertise, e.g. coach games
- Knowledge and Experience
Terms and Conditions Remuneration
There is a generous overall remuneration package as detailed below (the
cost of living in Kenya is significantly lower than in the UK):
- Pension: the School operates a defined contribution pension scheme
in which the employer and employee each contribute 6% of monthly
salary. For employees emigrating from Kenya at the end of their contract, the full value of the contributions, plus accumulated interest,
can be withdrawn from the scheme.
- Relocation: outward and return flights for the appointee, and for
his/her spouse and dependent children [up to the age of 18] as applicable, together with a freight allowance, at the beginning and end of the
contract period, are paid for by the School. Applicable to staff recruited from outside the country.
- Meals: these are provided during term time as a taxable benefit.
- Facilities: extensive sports facilities are open to use by staff and
Hours of work and holiday entitlement
The role is full-time and includes working in the evening and at weekends as required. The successful applicant will be expected to take a full and active part in the boarding life of the school.
How To Apply
Applications are encouraged as early as possible. These should be submitted by
email to the HR Director at HRDirector@turimail.co.ke and include: a completed
application form, a brief covering letter and a CV. Application forms are available on the School website, or from the HR Director.
- Closing date for applications: Monday 20th January, 2020
- Preliminary online interviews: Starting 21st January, 2020
- Final Interviews: 30th January, 2020, onwards
- Start Date: 1st September 2020