Lifeline-Gedo (LLG) is a Humanitarian, Non-profit and non-governmental organization dedicated to responding to humanitarian emergencies through the provision of life-saving support mechanisms in partnership with national and international role players, promoting peace
and stability, advocate against all kinds of violence, initiate long term and short term development projects
Lifeline Gedo (LLG) is a national non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to ensuring that local communities in Somalia are resilient and able to cope with perennial shocks that threaten their livelihoods year in year out. LLG engages in long-term development work, responds to emergency situations, and seeks to address the root causes of poverty in the Gedo region of Somalia.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
The HNM will represent the organization at appropriate coordination forums, makes significant contributions for proposal development, and advise the PD and Executive Director (ED) on an overall health and nutrition strategy. Based in Mandera, the HMN will make regular visits to field locations In Elwak, Belet Hawo, and Dolow in Gedo Somalia which is hardship locations and insecure environments
The Health and Nutrition Manager oversees all health and nutrition activities in our areas of operation, reporting to the Program Director. This is in coordination with the Area Coordinators and program staff in those areas, as the organization employs an area-based management strategy. Nutrition programming includes community-based management of acute malnutrition through OTP, TSFP, and IYCF. Health programming includes services through PHCCs and PHCUs, as well as mobile outreach and public health campaigns. The HNM must have clinical health education and experience for similar contexts.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage supervision of all nutrition and health programming in all locations in the Gedo Region.
- Supervise the safe and efficient management of nutrition and health supplies and equipment.
- Support the implementation of timely and accurate data collection systems, monitor data for accuracy, and respond appropriately with programmatic changes as needed to meet targets.
- Assess staff training needs and makes appropriate referrals for training. Where required, organize, facilitate and/or provide training of nutrition and health personnel.
- Play an active role in investigating upcoming opportunities and the development of proposals, budgets, and project review processes.
- Coordinate nutrition and health activities with Ministries of Health, UN agencies, clusters, other implementing partners, and funding agencies.
- Coordinate nutrition and health program development with local counterparts (SMOH, County Health Department, and local leadership) with a focus on using a community development approach at all stages of program planning and implementation.
- Ensure compliance with WHO and SS MOH guidelines and policies in each program component.
- Maintain clear communication with all staff on at least a weekly basis.
- Promote the development of a sustainable health program by offering creative ideas and new approaches to solving problems in the health program.
- Coordinate with other programs in each field with full support for an integrated approach to community development.
- Reflect an example of true Christian character and mission in all interactions with staff and community members.
- Work to strengthen the local church’s capacity for supporting health initiatives.
- Any other duties assigned by the PD.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written fluency in English required and Must be able to write in professional English for document submission without requiring a proofreader.
- Good understanding of links between emergency and development programs, familiar with project cycle management.
- Strong planning and organizational skills; experience in good project planning and design.
- Ability to manage budgets, understand financial accountability procedures, logistics, and commodity tracking.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills. Interpersonal and Cross-cultural sensitivity and experience.
- Computer and IT expertise highly preferred. Excellent skills in Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to deal with problems and issues both promptly and efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to travel to rural locations and live in sometimes basic conditions.
- Medical Degree or related qualification required. Master’s or other professional degree preferred.
- Five years’ related professional experience, managing or providing technical advice in both clinical and public health programs.
- Two years’ experience in hardship postings or complex emergencies, with proven leadership experience.
- Experience in donor reporting e.g., USAID, ECHO, FCDO, UN Agencies preferred.
- Able to work in a fluid and insecure area; Maturity and ability to adjust to harsh living conditions.
Method of Application
Submit your CV giving contacts of 3 professional referees, copies of relevant documents and Application to email@example.com
Use Health and Nutrition Manager as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 30 November. 2021