Health Strat Head of Human Resources Job in Nairobi 2019
Job Title: Head of Human Resources
Employer: Health Strat
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Purpose of Position: Directing and coordinating Human Resource (HR) services of the organization through a wide variety of functions which include strategic planning, supervising and providing consultation to management on staffing plans, recruitment, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, labour relations and HR administration.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Preparing Human Resource Plans; estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning to program budgets and resources; developing action plans; measuring and analysing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances and ensuring their execution.
- Maintaining management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Payroll processing and management.
- Staff benefits optimization and management.
- Maintaining human resource records filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records and carry out human resource administrative tasks to maintain best practice within the organization.
- Providing guidance in assessing organizational structures and implementing structural changes.
- Supporting, implementing and administering the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, on boarding, maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities, developing and retaining the best talents available to support the human resources needs of the organization and ensuring that the organizational human resources targets are met
- Maintaining and updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintaining organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; coaching managers / leads on candidate selection; conducting and analysing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Designing and leading the development of compensation and benefits systems: conducting periodic salary surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing salary budgets in collaboration with program directors; monitoring and scheduling individual salary actions; recommending, planning, and implementing salary structure revisions.
- Ensuring planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers /leads to coach employees; and scheduling performance appraisal sessions.
- Coach managers/leads on discipline hearing and resolving employee grievances.
- Liaising with employer and employee agencies where applicable; such as labour office and FKE to ensure fair and equal treatment of staff.
- Ensuring legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; and representing the organization as necessary.
- Driving and instilling a team approach among staff towards accomplishing the organization’s goals and objectives as well as managing, coaching, inspiring, and growing teams.
- Leading selected change management initiatives.
- Improve program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users.
- Execute special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; benchmarking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Any other duties relating to the function.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management.
- Be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
- Master’s in Business Administration-Human Resource Management.
- At least 5 years HR supervisory and administrative support experience.
- Experience in implementing PEPFAR or other donor funded programs.
- Experience in Human Resources for Health (HRH) contracting.
- Demonstrable abilities to manage and effectively coordinate HR services.
- Good working knowledge of HR software applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive and adaptable in a dynamic work environment.
- High degree of integrity and dependability.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team
- Proficiency in MS office.
Please forward a cover letter detailing your suitability and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 4th March, 2019 at 5.00pm