Hotel Marketing Manager Jobs, Sales & Marketing Jobs In Kenya, Sheer Logic Jobs
Position: Hotel Marketing Manager
Responsible for the overall strategic marketing delivery of the entire Hospitality marketing portfolio.
- Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Partner with the relevant brand custodians to develop annual marketing strategies for the Company’s brands. Align these strategies with the GM Marketing.
- Create detailed marketing proposals/plans for the brands, in line with the strategy & targets, to ensure the successful implementation of the marketing strategies.
- Budget setting for all proposed marketing activities, ensure efficient use of budget and report on savings delivered.
- Develop, visualize and manage an annual marketing calendar for your brands to ensure accurate ease of tracking, working closely with the hotel/department management team.
- Undertake detailed on-going analysis of marketing campaigns to ensure objectives are measurable, clear, targets are met, and ROI is analysed.
- Review the on-going competitor analysis report and make appropriate recommendation on brand strategies.
- Prepare brand strategy presentations and plans for periodic communication and updates to Directors and relevant Heads of Department.
- Proactively lead the creation of, and strict adherence to, Marketing Department standard operating procedures (SOPs), process and checklists based on identified business need or as and when required by immediate supervisor.
- Lead and deliver on ad-hoc projects as they arise.
- Brand Management
- Gather necessary research relating to the brands in one’s portfolio and ensure deep understanding of brand features and USPs; proactively participate in product training alongside Sales teams.
- Understand the brand guidelines, visual identity, global campaigns and global communication guidelines for each brand in one’s portfolio.
- Drive first to market marketing innovation opportunities for all relevant brands.
- Collaborate with Sales teams to obtain a deep understanding of the customer profile for all models of one’s brand portfolio including profiling target consumer groupings and gathering brand insights.
- Lead and facilitate bi-monthly meetings with relevant commercial heads to review brand strategy, priorities and required actions for achievement of brand goals and targets.
- Manage brand campaign execution calendars and ensure all activities, events and activations are coordinated throughout brand campaign period. Ensure proper branding in line with global brand visual identity guidelines in all customer touchpoints including events, web /digital and points of sale.
- Ensure completion of campaign checklists and timely follow-up with relevant stakeholders with support from Brand Executive.
- Work closely with the Digital Manager/Digital Marketing Executive to ensure seamless integration of the online channels into the overall marketing channel strategy
- Ensure the consistency and integrity of the brand is adhered to from a visual/corporate identity perspective, personality, tonality, content, partnerships etc.
- Provide a monthly update to the GM Marketing and GM Hospitality.
- On a bi-monthly basis, monitor campaign response / measure success of each campaign and make recommendations to immediate supervisor and put into place agreed follow-up actions.
- Develop, maintain and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly marketing reports that help in the tracking of the effectiveness of all marketing activities
- Ensure integration, preparation and submission of post-campaign/activity reports within 10 days from the end of any brand marketing activity. Reports to be submitted to the GM Marketing for review.
- Drive collaboration between various departments and brands to drive strategic 360 degree business thinking that drives business growth and higher efficiency.
- Look for collaborative marketing opportunities for the various brands to partner and drive awareness and traction for the overall brand.
- Drive consistent alignment and collaboration with the Digital Manager/Brand Executive and Motor Marketing Manager on upcoming projects and cross-leverage opportunities.
- Events execution
- Effectively organise internal and external events and meetings preparing/securing information and collateral as necessary with support from the relevant Brand Executive(s).
- Ensure objectives for events are measurable, clear and all marketing events are geared to deliver on set objectives.
- Ensure a marketing database is collected and retained from all events.
- Ensure adherence to any set events toolkit and proactively drive the development and updating of toolkits.
- Ensure events reports are delivered within 5 working days after the event with a clear view of the event delivery against set objectives.
- Media and Agency engagement
- Plan and execute press releases and other media engagement activities factoring necessary lead times.
- Write agency advertising campaign and media briefs.
- Liaise with agencies to produce advertising campaigns in line with overall brand plans and budgets as approved by the GM Marketing.
- Work closely with PR Company / Advertising Agency on copy writing of articles, marketing materials etc.
- People Management
- Manage the direct reports (Brand Executives and Market analyst) who are tasked with executing marketing campaigns.
- Contribute to the team’s development, culture and performance.
- Timely and ongoing evaluation of direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or other relevant field required
- Professional certification from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and/or The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing (IDM)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Marketing in Hospitality (A must)
- Worked within or with a Marketing Agency (Distinct advantage)
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to email@example.com by 17th Jan 2020. Clearly indicate the job title.