Job Title: HR Assistant
Job Location: Mombasa
Job Summary: Our firm is in need of a self-motivated and experienced HR Assistant to support our busy HR department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support for the department, assisting with the hiring process, scheduling new employee orientations and training and entering of a high volume of employment records into our HR database.
If you are a professional with a strong sense of discretion and a background in data entry, we want to hear from you.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources officers
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys and take minutes)
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves)
- Communicate with public services when necessary
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Assist our recruiters to source candidates and update our database
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or a related field
- Proven minimum 2 years work experience as an HR assistant, or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Basic knowledge of labour laws
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics reliability and dependability
- Confidentiality of information
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th January, 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted