ICRC Restoring Family Links Officer Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
ICRC Nairobi Regional Delegation is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Restoring Family Links Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The RFL Officer is responsible for the implementation of activities in relation to Restoring Family Links (RFL) in Kenya, and provides technical advice and support to RFL services of the National Society (NS) in Kenya.
S/he is also in charge for the follow-up of the dead body management (DBM) activities in Kenya. When/if required, s/he supports detention visits and training as an interpreter.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Supports and supervises the implementation of the RFL activities done by the Kenya Red Cross Society;
- Contributes to the implementation of the Management of the Dead file;
- Promotes the ICRC’s RFL activities, while meeting international and national stakeholders;
- Assists in the planning and implementing of meetings, seminars and workshops in his/her area of intervention;
- Writes mission reports based on given guidelines;
- Interprets accurately from English to Kiswahili and vice versa during field visits;
- Is responsible for the management of the Institutional Reference Filing for RFL documents;
- Provides administrative support in order to ensure the smooth implementation of RFL projects;
- Advises on culture, politics, general situation and share relevant information related to the Kenya.
Minimum Requirements and competencies
- Must have a University Degree (4 years) in a related discipline;
- At least 3 – 5 years’ of experience in a related field;
- Working knowledge of Project Cycle Management;
- Technical expertise on Restoring Family Links and missing activities is an asset;
- Flexibility to travel outside Nairobi frequently as need arises.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 8th March 2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to
ICRC Nairobi Regional Delegation,
via: E-mail: email@example.com
The reference Restoring Family Links must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. If the candidate is asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.