B. DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE ECONOMIC PLANNING AND ICT
2). POSITION: ICT Officer II JOB GROUP CPSB 10 (‘J’) (3 POSTS)
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 31,270 x 1,300 – 32,570 x 1,380 – 33,950 x 1,390 – 35,340 x 1,460 – 36,800 x 1,470 – 38,270 x 1,470 – 39,740 x 1,520 – 41,260 p.m.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties will entail:
i. Writing and testing simple computer programs according to instructions and specifications;
ii. Assisting in the implementation of the computer systems;
iii. Providing user support and training of users;
iv. Repairs and maintenance of ICT equipment and associated peripherals;
v. Monitoring the performance of ICT equipment;
vi. Receiving, installing and certifying of Information Communication Technology equipment;
vii. Configuring of new Information Communication Technology equipment.
viii. Reporting any faults for further action; and
ix. Performing any other lawful duties that may be assigned.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
i. Be a Kenyan citizen;
ii. Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Computer Science, Information Technology or any ICT related discipline from a recognized Institution; and
iii. One (1) year relevant working experience in the public or private sector will be added advantage.
1. Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form.
2. All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
3. ALL Serving Officers in Public Service, MUST clearly indicate: –
• The Officer’s Payroll Number;
• Date of first appointment;
• Date of last promotion to the current grade;
• Substantive designation and Job Group; and
• The Officer’s respective public institution.
4. During interviews, shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following original documents: – National Identity Card; Academic and Professional Certificates; and where applicable; current payslip and letter of last promotion to the current grade.
5. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
6. The County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer.
7. Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
8. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
9. Successfully selected candidates will be required to fulfill the Chapter Six requirements of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on integrity and leadership, before appointment.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the Application Form and submit it ONLINE on or before 28th May, 2021 at 11.59 P.M.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB) DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address email@example.com and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.