No of Positions: 2
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must be in possession of Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technician Certificate Part III or equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will be assigned electrical engineering duties and will work under close supervision of an experienced officer. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in monitoring/supervision and evaluation of RE projects;
- Participating in surveying and mapping out all the public institutions in the country that are far away from the national grid;
- Participating in periodic site inspection visits to ascertain adherence to electrical specifications/standards and work progress on rural electrification projects
- Participating in facilitating and coordinating customer connectivity and electricity access;
- Assisting in estimation of electrical load demand and preliminary estimation of projects implementation cost of rural electrification projects.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100,NAIROBI
Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be
Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the
Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents. Applications should reach the Commission on or before 15th March 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)