IntraHealth International Communications Assistant Job in Kenya 2019
Because Health Workers Save Lives
The goal of the USAID funded Human Resources for Health (HRH) Kenya Mechanism is to strengthen HRH systems at the national and county levels to improve health outcomes for the Kenyan people.
In order to strengthen its team, the Mechanism is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Communication and Knowledge Management Manager, the Communications Assistant will provide effective technical/practical knowledge management and communication services to support program activities. He/she will also ensure that the final communication and knowledge management products and events adhere to the USAID branding and marking plans.
- Facilitate, record and share action points of project meetings.
- Record and share recordings of all periodic meetings, including monthly, quarterly, mid-term and annual project review meetings.
- Support the production and editing of information, education and communication materials.
- Support project staff to adhere to branding and marking plan.
- Provide coverage at public events to enhance the visibility of the mechanism.
- Support implementation of IntraHealth International Inc. Kenya Knowledge management and Communication strategy.
- Assist in design work for all project’s final products using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel, and or any other appropriate design software.
- Support the production of high-quality project documents and ensure adherence to the IntraHealth International Style and Citation Standards/Guidelines as well as compliance with USAID Approved Branding and Marking Plan.
- Maintain knowledge repositories in the staff portal to store articles, reports, concept papers and other project related documents.
- Develop and maintain a mailing list for distribution of communication and knowledge management products.
- Conduct continuous quality improvement to evaluate information adequacy and quality as well as staff and partner needs.
- Support photographic documentation of programmatic work in compliance with IntraHealth ethical guidelines.
- Media- Relations, press coordination and tracking in line with IntraHealth and USAID media policy.
Education / Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, public relations or equivalent qualifications.
- At least 2 years working experience with exposure to media industry in Kenya and USAID-funded projects
- Excellent writing, interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and work with diverse people at national, county and project levels.
- Demonstrated competencies in design and formatting of knowledge products such as education and communication materials, documentation and publication (including web-based documentation) in program implementation.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor in your current or former
employment @ http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers.
Closing date for applications is March 15, 2019
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted