IntraHealth International Logistics Assistant / Driver Job in Kenya 2019
Because Health Workers Save Lives
The goal of the USAID funded Human Resources for Health (HRH) Kenya Mechanism is to strengthen HRH systems at the national and county levels to improve health outcomes for the Kenyan people.
In order to strengthen its team, the Mechanism is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Logistics Assistant / Driver
Reporting to the Logistics Officer, she/she will offer logistics support to the Coast Cluster in a reliable manner, secure driving services and ensure proper use and maintenance of office vehicles.
- Provide Logistics and planning support to the Coast Cluster for workshops/meetings, inter-county HRH Coordination Forums and TWGs e.g., booking appointments, booking venues, sending out invitations and confirmation, secretarial services during meetings.
- Liaise with the procurement, logistics and finance teams on requisitioning for services in line with approved budgets in collaboration with the supervisor.
- On a daily basis ensure vehicle log sheets are duly completed and signed off by the travelers and monthly summaries are submitted to the Supervisor.
- Conduct regular inspection of vehicle to establish that it is clean, roadworthy, secured, licensed and insured.
- Ensure strict adherence to the rules and regulations provided for in the Vehicle management policy.
- Ensure fuel replenishment summary is done in a timely manner and accurate records maintained.
- Provide monthly reports on vehicle mileage, fuel consumption with allocation per tracking code, repairs and maintenance.
Education / Experience
- A diploma in Logistics/Fleet Management, Administration/management or equivalent.
- At least 2 years working experience in similar field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power point).
- Must possess a valid Kenya Driving License coupled with a clean driving record.
- Training in defensive driving an added advantage.
- Ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Experience in a USAID funded Project is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor in your current or former
employment @ http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers.
Closing date for applications is March 15, 2019
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted