To be successful for this role, you must have thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems.
The ideal candidate should also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities:
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance as per the client’s preference.
- Ensure security and privacy of clients networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to customers on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and utmost maintenance for corporate clients while observing confidentiality.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs,job cards and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Making client follow up quality of service rendered regarding IT related issues and updating them on the latest gadgets n devices for purposes of efficiency.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication ability.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field.
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional.
3+ years Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above requirement can send their CVs to email@example.com before COB 1st March, 2021