Job Title: Procurement Officer
Reports to: Finance Manager
Department: Business Operations
Business Purpose / Objective: Oversee the day to day running of JH stores, purchase orders, receive goods, distribute and ensure security of stock.
About Jacaranda Maternity: Jacaranda Maternity is redesigning the future of healthcare in East Africa. Our hospital in Nairobi is changing the way maternal healthcare is provided by developing better ways to provide high-quality, dignified, patient-centred care at affordable prices.
We have won global and local recognition, including from the Centre for Health Market Innovations, the Gates Foundation, Saving Lives at Birth, and Innovations in Healthcare – and our facilities have been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya.
Our values play a large role in helping shape the quality of care we provide:
- Uncompromising Quality – we aim to set a gold standard for quality of care and measure ourselves constantly against our goals.
- Teamwork and Openness – leverage strength in unity and diversity to create an environment where we work as a team and have open, direct and transparent conversations.
- Initiative – we do what we must do to get the results we need while maintaining quality of care and dignity for our clients
- Continuous Improvement – we do, we fail, we repeat. Our actions are guided by evidence, and as we forge a new path, we know that there is always a better way to provide exceptional service
- Sustainability – we do what we can so that we grow sustainably and provide more impact to more communities
We have big ambitions and we are looking for people who will adhere to these values and have the highest work ethics.
Will you join us and help transform maternal and newborn healthcare in East Africa?
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the procurement of goods and services are done in line with the organization’s policies.
- Ensure that there are timely procurement reports that track status of each requisition and provide feedback as necessary.
- Analyze quotations / bids submitted by vendors and make a comparative analysis of the information provided in order to make procurement decisions.
- Maintaining an updated supplier’s database in the system.
- Provide purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process.
- Maintain appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit process.
- Monitor and ensure that services provided to the hospital by service lenders are sufficient and up to the required specifications and standards in the hospital.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Diploma in Purchasing & Supply Chain Management, Procurement or equivalent
- CPA II will be an added advantage
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a procurement department preferably in a hospital or pharmacy
- Demonstrated experience with contract & Supplier relationship management
- Experience in working with a Hospital Management Information System will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Skilled in using computer, and accounting application software and Excellent IT skills.
- Familiarity with procurement systems.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, good negotiation skills and person of high integrity.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems is a key competence.
Interested candidates should send their application cover letters and CVs to email@example.com with the subject line Procurement Officer.
Deadline: January 21st 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.