The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an Institution of Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya which is an Agency of Aga Khan Development Network.
The Hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa.
AKHS is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world.
Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa has been providing high quality care services in the Coast Region of Kenya for over 75 years.
We have physical presence in Mtwapa, Bamburi, Nyali, Kilifi, Ukunda, Voi, Mombasa CBD center and Changamwe area
The hospital wishes to recruit ideal candidates for the following position:-
Reporting to the Head of Projects, the successful candidate will responsible for;
- Performing architectural duties and managing architectural projects definition through completion of construction.
- Developing concepts and designs for buildings, interpret standards, coordinate and consult with Technical Director and participate in design and site meetings.
- Monitoring project compliance by maintaining a variety of records, reports, plans and files on work projects and evaluate progress of engineering projects as set out in line with the plan.
- Reviewing field data, provide construction support services, and investigate existing site conditions by conducting periodic on site observation of construction works.
- Reviewing construction submittal and request for information.
- Preparing specifications, work drawings, bid documents, and estimate presentations of drawings and models.
- Preparing Quotations
- Assist in the interpretation of architectural and engineering design standards established by local jurisdiction by conducting codes and regulation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from a recognized university.
- At least 2 – 3 years experience in a public or private sector.
- Have technical knowledge of architectural project delivery.
- Demonstrate skills in the areas of design, presentation and technical skills.
- Proficiency with Autocad and Archicad.
- Computer literacy using Microsoft office products and presentation software.
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Clerk of Works
Reporting to the Head of Projects, the position will be responsible for representing the interests of the Hospital in regard to ensuring that the quality of both materials and workmanship are in accordance with the design information such as specification and engineering drawings, in addition to recognized quality standards
- Monitoring and inspecting work of the construction contractor for assigned projects on behalf of the AKHM.
- Produce regular reports and a dialogue with the design team.
- Reports produced include a site diary; photographic evidence; progression of the works against the programme; site meeting information and highlight any potential risks
- Checking all critical stages to ensure that the quality meets both the specification and the expectation of the end user.
- Highlighting potential specification design issues for comments before they affect construction and programme.
- Checking for component clashes.
- Giving a view on completion dates as work progresses.
- Auditing workforce attendance if required.
- Reporting any unresolved concerns.
- Acting as liaison between architect and contractor
- Conducting on-site observation and spot-checks of work in progress
- Ensuring contract compliance by the contractor, such as conducting tests specified in the contract and installing materials/equipment as specified in the contract, and report deficiencies to Clerk of Works, Project Manager, Architect, and Contractor
- Carrying out inspection of the workmanship and practices of contractors and/or crews engaged in construction
- Providing reports on all on-site matters, including third-party inspections, progress, safety concerns, and causes for delay
- Maintaining job-site files, documents, reports, and daily log; prepare periodic reports for Project Manager and Architect as required
- Attending all job-site meetings as a company representative or in conjunction with Project Manager
- Receiving, record, present for architect approval, and maintain custody of samples submitted by construction contract
Required qualifications, attributes and experience
- Academic and/or vocational qualifications in engineering, Architecture, building and construction or related subjects.
- ICT skills including using Microsoft packages, Architectural design and surveying programmes.
- Effective communication skills, including correspondence and report preparation
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and statutory obligations and design standards in relation to building design codes.
- Basic Knowledge of Civil and Mechanical Engineering
Candidates are invited to upload their Resume and Covering Letter ONLY to email@example.com
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line
Deadline of submitting applications is on 28th February 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an equal opportunity Employer”