Berry Travels Limited is a well-established Tour Operator with over 3 years’ experience in handling holidays not only for domestic tourists but also international tourists from all over the world.
We are currently looking for candidates to join Us:
Tours and Travel Consultant
Job description for a Tours Consultant
- Responding to inquiries regarding hotels & safaris within 24hrs
- Create and sell innovative tour packages to meet market demand
- Prepare itineraries to the various destinations of interest
- Making flight quotations
- Doing tour bookings – both inbound and outbound
- Ensuring KWS park rules & hotel regulations are made clear to tourists
- Ensuring payment for each tour booking is received in advance
- Creating contact with hotels, car hire, sightseeing attraction and other service providers for best competitive contract rates
- Ensure bookings that do not mature are cancelled in time to avoid cancellation penalties especially for hotels
- Ensure clients’ special requests especially on accommodation & room specification, driver guide language, meals and others are pre-arranged.
- Coordinating with other team in arranging flying & ground packages
- Making follow-ups for tour quotations
- Ensuring that tours quotations are competitive
- Inclusions, exclusions as well as terms & conditions of a quotation should be highlighted to reduce disputes with clients
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Certificate or diploma in Tour operations or tourism management or related field
- Over one year experience as Tour/travel consultant in a busy environment
- Ability to use various tours/hotel booking systems.
- IATA qualification is an additional advantage
- Experience in outbound tours is an advantage
- knowledge of GDS an advantage
Tour Guide Driver
The main role for this position is to Offer Transport Services that includes Transportation of guests from Points of Collection to Drop off Points through exceptional tours and travel journeys.
- Drive guests, staff and other authorised persons as per instructions
- Observe the road and traffic laws and regulations of the republic of Kenya
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and Company’s agreed driving standards.
- Ensure the safety of guests, oneself and other road users at all times
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
- Ensure vehicle is kept secure at all times
- Make sure the vehicle is in good and serviceable mechanical condition at all times
- Inspect vehicle prior departing for a tour or safari, and equip the vehicle with all the required supplies.
- Ensure vehicle repairs are carried out properly and to satisfactory completion as per the Company’s specifications and road test the vehicle before embarking on any job assignment.
- Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle maintenance, expenses, mileage,
- Keep an accurate Log Book of daily movements, servicing and vehicle defects. Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc
- Assist guests with delivery of luggage to and from the vehicle.
- Ensure vehicle insurance and other Government licenses requirements are updated according to schedule.
- Maintain high profile image of the Company and follow code of conduct.
Personal Qualities, Qualifications and Experience.
- Have more than 3 years’ Tour Safari Driving experience especially in Kenya, with demonstrable knowledge of the Tourism Circuits in Kenya by County.
- Be Comfortable Driving around Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania and the airports
- Be familiar with Hotel locations in all parks and national reserves
- Be familiar with Nairobi Routes, Hotels and Restaurants
- Have Superior Ability to engage clients on sceneries and places of interest
- Passionate about the wilderness and good knowledge about flora and fauna
- Clean Driving license.
- Valid P.S.V License.
- Current Certificate of Good conduct
- Good understanding of Kenya traffic law.
- Good traffic judgment.
- Good knowledge about vehicle mechanics.
- Excellent driving skills with zero accident record.
- Flexible, effective team work and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Time Keeper and Self Starter
- Willing to work long and irregular hours, shift duty and on public holidays
- Fluent communication Skills in English and Swahili both written and oral.
- Speaking and understanding of foreign language is an added advantage
- Offer exemplary Customer service
- Be A Great Team player – personable, caring, helpful, reliable and diplomatic
- Have Good personal grooming & personal presentation.
- Have Personal Ministry of Tourism license for Tour Drivers
- C.S.E Certificate
- KPSGA certificate – Preferably Silver level certification.
- Holder of qualification in Vehicle Maintenance and Repairs desirable.
- First Aid Training Certificate
Only those who meet the above qualifications should email their resume together with a covering letter indicating the position on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th January 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.