The Karen Hospital is a 102bed multispecialty Hospital in Kenya located in Karen along Karen –Langata Road.
We offer patient focused, world class medical treatment and accord the highest standards of medical care to all our patients.
With our State of the art amenities, equipment and our well trained staff, we are committed to delivering the most effective and most compassionate care to all our patients.
Since inception in 2006, The Karen Hospital has been acclaimed for excellence in clinical care in Africa and beyond.
The Karen Hospital is proud to be ISO 9001:2015 certified for compliance with Quality Management Systems and is committed to continuous improvement in service delivery.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary and results oriented candidate to fill in the below positions:
Peri-operative Theatre Nurse
Overall Purpose: Job holder is responsible and accountable for the delivery of safe, effective, direct and indirect, patient-family centered care through the continuum of perioperative care and include amongst others direct monitoring of instrument processing, patient positioning on tables and assisting in procedures.
- Plan for all surgical procedures by ensuring theatre lists are followed
- Ensure proper pre-operative preparation of patients including instituting compliance of pre-operative checklists
- Implementation of patient safety programs in theatre including full compliance to WHO surgical Safety Checklists
- Preparation of surgical instruments in readiness for procedures to ensure sterility
- Ensure prudent use of resources by properly allocating staff and proper utilization of consumables to prevent waste and promote a culture of accountability.
- Lead patient safety protocols in theatre by instituting standard infection control and prevention in theatre and promoting proper patient body mechanics to prevent harm.
- Participate in surgical procedures are a scrub nurse or a circulating nurse
- Lead the management of post-anesthetic patients in close consultation with the anesthetist/anestheologist until discharge from the unit.
- Participate in the Post-surgical care of patients
- In collaboration with the finance department, ensure all the procedures, and commodities are billed appropriately for every patient.
- Champion quality improvement and patient safety initiatives in theatre as advised by the Quality Lead.
- Ensure all daily, weekly and monthly reports about the unit are timely generated and submitted appropriately
- Maintains strong professional relationships with physicians, patients, families and outside agencies.
- Higher National Diploma in Perioperative Nursing from a recognized institution -KRPON
- Post-Basic Qualification in Peri-Operative Nursing
- At least 2-years’ experience working in Theatre
- MUST be registered and hold a current license by the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK)
- Must have Basic Life Support Course and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course
- Must have a valid practicing license from the Kenya Nursing council
- Proficiency in reporting writing and record keeping.
- Effective communicator
- Computer skills and good reporting skills including experience in Health Information Systems
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to visit our website and apply online at https://www.karenhospital.org/about-us/ OR you can send your detailed CV to us on email to: email@example.com quoting the reference number.
Deadline for submission is 19th September 2021
Due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.