Senior Legal Counsel, Litigation Job, Latest Legal Jobs In Kenya 2023,
- For the assigned portfolio of work, conduct legal research, collate evidence, prepare witnesses for pre-trial and hearing, develop concept papers, prepare legal briefs and opinions as well as develop effective defence strategies, arguments and testimony in preparation for legal proceedings of cases in liaison with external lawyers;
- Represent the Bank before any court or tribunal as a witness or to watch brief as necessary;
- Manage and measure external lawyers’ performance to ensure efficiency;
- Create legal awareness and providing advice on suitable action to avert and/or minimize litigation;
- Scrutinize legal fees and ensure they are raised in accordance with the Remuneration Order and Service Level Agreement;
- Update database of all non-debt recovery litigation to ensure the same is consistently up-to-date and provide reports as may be required.
- Render legal guidance to Retail branches on matters relating to bank policies, processes and procedures on all queries received with a view to mitigating legal and reputational risks.
- Any other duties as may be required.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Law.
- Master’s degree in Law will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ post – admission experience.
- 4 years’ experience in Legal Drafting, Corporate Governance and Risk Management.
- 3 years’ experience in Legal Communication and Advocacy.
How to Apply
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 27th January 2023.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.