Key Stage 2 Teacher—Prep School Jobs, Teaching Jobs in Kenya, St Andrew’s Turi Jobs
St Andrew’s School, Turi, is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will undertake their role and responsibilities in accordance with St Andrew’s School’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and Guidelines. The successful applicant will be required to undergo all checks relevant to post.
- St Andrew’s, Prep School is seeking to appoint a Key Stage 2 Teacher who will be a class teacher within that
- Key Stage, as well as contributing across all areas of school life.
- The successful candidate will be expected to provide the very best academic teaching and learning opportunity for their class and be responsible for the pastoral welfare and safety of the pupils.
- St Andrew’s Prep School follows the British Curriculum, with the aim to achieve excellent value-added for each child through outstanding teaching and learning.
- St Andrew’s Prep School is committed to providing a vibrant co-curricular and
boarding programme to which all staff contribute.
- Working at St Andrew’s Prep School is an exciting and dynamic experience.
- We look to recruit committed and resourceful staff, who are looking to not only develop their skills and leadership capacities, but also embrace new experiences and challenges.
- There are some things that are essential to working with us. The successful candidate will need to support the School’s aims and Christian ethos.
- They will have to have a good degree as well as a recognised teaching qualification, such as PGCE, and of course, the relevant experience.
- Beyond that we want staff who love working as part of a team; who are first class communicators and who are passionate about the subjects and the pupils they teach; who are creative and diligent in their planning; who are adaptable, energetic and resilient.
- Experience of working in a Prep School, or in boarding would be desirable, but not essential. Above all, what matters is a commitment to provide a world-class education for our children
Hours of work and holiday entitlement
The role is full-time and includes working in the evening and at weekends as required. The successful applicant will be expected to take a full and active part in the boarding provision of the school
How To Apply
Applications are encouraged as early as possible. These should be submitted by
email to the HR Director at HRDirector@turimail.co.ke and include: a completed
application form, a brief covering letter and a CV. Application forms are available
on the School website, or from the HR Director.
Closing date for applications: Monday 20th January, 2020
Preliminary online interviews: Starting 21st January, 2020
Final Interviews: 30th January, 2020, onwards
Start Date: 1st September 2020