Library Assistant Job, Librarian Jobs In Kenya June,
LIBRARY ASSISTANT II, JOB GRADE KFS 10- REF KFS/LAII/2022 ONE (1) POST (PERMANENT & PENSIONABLE)
An officer shall report to the Librarian.
- Assist users on the use of catalogues and retrieval of information from the library collection
- Issuing library information materials to students, lecturers, and other college staff.
- Receiving returned library information materials from students, lecturers, and other college staff.
- Posting due date labels on library publications.
- Keep record of all incoming books, pamphlets, periodicals; catalogue and record all new publications in accordance with established library systems and/or procedures
- Preparing book and file pockets.
- Shelving new and returned library books.
- Ensuring book shelves are tidy.
- Ensuring library seats are well arranged in their proper reading desks/tables.
- Assisting in the annual stock taking exercise.
- check and file typed catalogues
- Maintaining newspaper register.
- Promote public values and principles
- Mentoring and coaching
- Diploma in Library/Information science from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in Computer Applications.
How to Apply