Kimetrica Operations & Logistics Assistant Job in Kenya 2019
Vacancy Announcement: Operations & Logistics Assistant
Date issued: 04 June 2019
Organization: Kimetrica Limited
Closing date: 14 June 2019
Nature of Assignment: Full Time Employee
Kimetrica is currently seeking is an Operation & Logistics Assistant to provide logistical support services for staff and other authorized passengers to and from assigned destinations within Kenya.
Crucial to the position is to assist Senior Operations Specialist in ensuring operations are timely, safe, cost-effective, and compliant with relevant laws, regulations and internal procedures.
- Assist in generating Purchase Requests when necessary.
- Assist in obtaining quotes or samples as necessary.
- Ensure timely delivery or collection of procured assets.
- Maintaining relevant records and documentation related to procurement.
- Take stock of office supplies and request for replenishment.
Inventory Management (10%)
- Creating and updating of the inventory the Asset Register as required.
- Maintain all repair and maintenance logs.
- Assist in the recovery of assets and asset disposal when required.
- Ensure that all property leaving the office have a pass
- Assist in generating travel request when necessary
- Assist visa, pass and permit application processes for visitors to Kenya.
- Collect mail from post office and deliver letters, parcels and assist in payment of bills
- Ensure a clean, polished and well-maintained vehicle.
- Ensuring the company vehicle is roadworthy before starting a journey, including tyres, fuel, oil and lubricants as well as spare tyre, jack etc
- Drive staff and clients as directed to designated locations.
- Report any accidents/incidents involving the company vehicle in custody to the Operations Manager
- Maintain records of the motor vehicle’s daily activity showing journey, mileage, petrol, oil and signature of authorizing officer to account for all the journeys made.
Office Facilities (5%)
- Ensure that the Kimetrica premises are clean, attractive, safe and comfortable for employees and visitors.
- Opening and/or closing office as per allocated schedule.
- Supervise the cleaning of the office on Saturdays.
Project Logistics (15%)
- Assist the Senior Operations Specialist in project logistics when necessary, especially when preparing for field missions. This includes packaging, labeling and dispatching project related items to the field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- 3 to 4 years working experience for a medium to large company
- 2 years minimum driving experience.
- Valid Class BCE Driving License free from any endorsement
- Computer literate with use of internet and MS Office
- High levels of integrity, honesty and confidentiality
- Logistics planning and management
- Strong English language communications
Terms and Conditions
- Nairobi based with some within the country travel.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- The position is full time
- Opportunities for rapid career development in a young and growing company
Submit a detailed CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suited for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th June 2019.
Please put in the subject line of your e-mail: “Operation & Logistics Officer”.
DO NOT INCLUDE SCANS OR COPIES OF CERTIFICATES AND REFERENCES.
We will only contact eligible candidates to further discuss their availability.