Officer- Yard Operations Job, Current Procurement Jobs In Kenya 2022,
Reporting to the Operations Manager the job holder will be responsible for effective and smooth operations of activities at the yard.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing yard operational budgets.
- Liaising with Government authorities at CLC with regard to cargo related issues
- Attending to yard related queries and providing up to date information of all gate-in and gate-outs.
- Assist yard clerks in following up cargo movements within the yard.
- Ensure compliance with QHSE requirements by all staff working in the yard.
- Take charge of staff administration in the section including shifts, leave scheduling and performance matters.
- Update clients on real time basis on their cargo status.
- Ensuring timely delivery of client cargo at the yard.
- Adhering to all relevant documentation for receipt/delivery of cargo to clients at the yard as required by KRA and other government agencies.
- Overseeing the smooth running of yard operations for reconciliations, claims and follow up.
- Preparing daily port operational reports and circulate to management.
- Ensuring adherence to statutory requirements for cargo release at the port.
- Ensuring compliance with QHSE requirements by all staff working in the department
- Overseeing transporters activities from Port to the CLC
- Attending all KPA meetings on cargo movements on behalf of the company
- Providing prompt and accurate documentation of cargo movement as per approved procedures and policies
- Following up with KRA, KPA and transporters to ensure that cargo is promptly delivered to yard.
- Ensuring good communication and customer relations both internally and externally such as KPA, KRA, and other government stakeholders to ensure success in port
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The Job holder must possess the following
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Related field
- Diploma in Procurement / Logistics and Clearing and forwarding or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in port or container freight stations
- Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
- Should have strong analytical and be result oriented
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader
- Must have management and Leadership skills
- Should have problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication
- Should demonstrate ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the department
Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills
How to apply
Apply Online here using the Internal recruitment Portal not later than Friday 7th October 2022.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
CTCL is an equal opportunity employer.