Laboratory Sample Networking Officers Jobs in Kakamega, Kenya 2019
Job Position: Laboratory Sample Networking Officer
Reporting to: Laboratory Services Advisor
Job Purpose: The Laboratory Sample Networking Officer will work to ensure coordination of sample collection and transportation to referral laboratories while maintaining high quality standards and ensuring quick turnaround time for test results in allocated region in Kakamega County.
This is to be achieved through preparation of sample collection schedules and networking with reference laboratories to ensure that samples are delivered within recommended times and results collected for dispatch to health facilities.
- Prepare sample collection schedules in order to ensure full coverage of health facilities within supported sub-counties.
- Ensure timely transport of samples from county health facilities to designated referral laboratories.
- Ensure test results from the referral laboratories are dispatched to respective health facilities from which they were collected.
- Maintain electronic and manual database system for samples collected, and results dispatched to health facilities. The database should correspond to the national NASCOP -EID/VL database
- Coordinate distribution and redistribution of laboratory commodities and supplies in health facilities as requested.
- In collaboration with the senior project officer, ensure that the motor cycles are well maintained.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory science
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with at least a C- (minus) grade
- At least 4 years’ experience working within laboratory sample networking setting
- Project management training – added advantage
- Current/valid Motorcycle License
- Certificate of good conduct
- Training on Biosafety and Biosecurity – added advantage
- Be reliable and punctual
- Be able to execute tasks safely and in keeping with laid down protocol.
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Have the ability to read and follow maps and guides, plan and learn routes
- Have a mature attitude
- Be friendly and presentable
- A basic knowledge of motorcycle maintenance is useful but not required
- Be in general good health and have good eyesight
Please email: a cover letter detailing your suitability, Curriculum Vitae, contact information for three referees (name, email address, and telephone number) and a copy of your most recent pay slip.
Please include the job title that you are applying for on the subject of the email and send to email@example.com by 5:00pm February 22, 2019.