Legal Trainee Jobs, Legal Jobs In Kenya, Google Jobs
Position: Legal trainee
As a Legal Trainee and part of the Google Regional Legal team in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA), you will play an important role in helping us respond to some of the legal challenges of the information age. You will get an insight into a variety of legal challenges at Google and YouTube, learning to expect the unexpected while promoting the development of internet law in an unconventional environment. Based in Nairobi, the legal department of Google offers an opportunity to join the team and assist with legal matters. In this role, you will enhance your organizational skills, attention to detail, and adaptability, while also getting the opportunity to demonstrate that you have sound legal judgment, can learn quickly in a fast-paced international environment, and can communicate confidently at all levels.
20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Resolve internal escalations and various legal requests from users and third-parties in relation to Google services.
- Assist the Legal team in the preparation and management of court actions and in subsequent analysis.
- Assist in a variety of projects, such as the localization of new Google Products, marketing assessments, and the review and drafting of agreements.
- Conduct research on a variety of legal topics including internet and data protection laws, copyright, consumer, media and advertising regulations, etc.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of internal knowledge databases for the Legal
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or equivalent practical experience.
- Work experience in a law firm or in a media/technology company in SSA.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in legal analysis and research.
- Experience building relationships and communicating with people at all levels.
- Experience in data protection, copyright, technology or media law.
- Experience working on numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in technology and IT-relevant legal problems and recent developments.
- Ability to start in April 2020 for a 12 month contract.
How to Apply