Lending Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya (350K) 2019
Our client is a not for profit, International lending organisation that provides finance and business support to fair trade businesses.
They seek to recruit a Lending Manager who will be responsible for managing the Nairobi office, together with account management to realize portfolio growth.
Reporting to: Regional Manager Africa
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Gross Salary: 300K – 350K
About the role: The Lending Manager will lead the East Africa team in ensuring quality portfolio management with effective management of risk and arrears. Responsible for the daily management of the East Africa office reporting to the Regional Manager Africa, to achieve lending targets for income and growth by developing relationships with existing and new customers while building networks and partnerships in region.
- Leads, develops and manages the East Africa lending team and runs the day-to-day business of the Nairobi office
- Manages an assigned geographical area to optimise lending income, maintain a quality portfolio, and control risks effectively in line with corporate objectives, business plan and lending limits
- Provides account management to a specific group of customers carrying all required activities including transaction processing, monitoring and annual reporting
- Establishes, develops and maintains excellent relationships with existing and potential customers through effective communication and regular visits
- Oversees progress and delivers new lending facilities for approval and committal
- Ensures effective account management and monitoring by the team and oversees the delivery of customer annual reviews
- Contributes to development of a regional marketing strategy and product development (both lending and capacity development products) in response to customer needs
- Manages office admin activities and motivates the lending team in region to deliver results
- Reports regularly on the status of proposals in the pipeline, of travel plans and budgets (travel & operational budgets)
- Contributes to the annual business planning and budget process for East Africa by providing accurate regional lending and income forecasts
- Carries out analysis of market and lending statistics to show risk management, portfolio performance and sales potential
- Bachelor’s Degree Finance, Commerce or Business related field of study
- 5 years-experience of working in a lending environment –
- Strong leadership and ability to comprehend and interpret financial reports and information, with aptitude in credit appraisal and sound business analysis skills
- Experience of working with SMEs /SACCO’s whilst developing and maximizing partnerships with other organizations e.g. NGOs, banks
- International Development background (Fair Trade) and Knowledge of coffee and/or cocoa sector is an advantage
- Excellent communication, influencing and listening skills, including presentation skills and accurate report writing skills
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines seeing projects from start to completion, with a demonstrated history of achieving and exceeding targets
- Extensive local and regional knowledge in the agricultural sector is preferred
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Lending Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 21st March 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted