Job Title: Business Development Manager – Life Business
Reporting Line: Head of Distribution
Direct Reportees: Agency Managers
Profile Introduction: Our client an established insurance firm seeks to bring on board a Business Development Manager-Life Business.
The role holder will lead and oversee all business development activities at a regional level leading to the achievement of business, revenue and profit targets.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and implement sales strategic plans and occasionally review them in line with the overall business plan to ensure achievement of the sales revenue budget;
- Market Share growth: Proactively seek out new markets and creatively penetrate them through offering unique product and value propositions. Defend the market share through constant engagement with the market to understand gaps and competitor activities that can be leveraged on and for competitive position of the brand respectively;
- Delivery on targets: Deliver on Value of New Business (VNB), Open Policy (OP) and Annual Premium Equivalent (APE) budgets as set out on the bonus drivers for the region;
- Leadership- Strengthen the leadership at the branch level through recruitment and retention of high caliber branch leadership. Drive the performance of the branches in the region by keeping abreast of market competition, industry practices and best practices to constantly improve on overall business performance and to ensure the branches are/and remain profitable;
- Stakeholder Management: Actively manage all relationships with all internal and external partners to ensure smooth running of the distribution channels in delivering targets. This includes ensuring strategic outputs with regards to the agency workforce are met.i.e. sales revenue achievement, business quality management, incentives and motivation, recruitment and retention, administration and cost management;
- Performance Management: Lead the sales team and ensure alignment to the business goals and objectives through undertakingperiodic reporting of sales performance and monitoring of the P&L. Ensure performance appraisals are undertaken in a timely manner;
- Product Development: Utilize internal data available and lead the sales team in the identification of product gaps /cross sell opportunities leading to increased product holding thus improved revenues. Work with the sales team to initiate, execute and manage sales programs and retention strategies.
- Business and Market Intelligence: Actively analyse and review all customer profiles, behavioral, geographical and demographic traits to identify opportunities for increasing customers’ insurance wallet share.
- A bachelor degree in business Administration/ Marketing/ insurance or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of Five (5) years’ experience with at least two (2) years’ in charge of sales.
- Diploma in AIIK/ ACII or its equivalent from a recognized institution is an added advantage;
- A member of AIIK/ ACII or a relevant professional body is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge, please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Business Development Manager-Life Business by Friday, 2nd April 2021 by 5pm.
Kindly attach your CV in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.