Living Goods DevOps Engineer Job in Kenya 2019
DevOps Engineer role at Living Goods
Do you want your work to matter?
Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living?
Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us build functional systems that improve our core operation. DevOps Engineer will be responsible for developing and building IT infrastructure, install and configure solutions, implement reusable components, translate technical requirements, assist with all stages of test data, develop interface stubs and simulators and perform script maintenance and updates.
You will be responsible to build automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology, deploy new modules and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment. DevOps Engineer duty will also be to make modules ready for production, which entails moving them according to specific procedures and documenting knowledge transfer. Ultimately, you will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely.
- DevOps Engineer will take the ownership of deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet stakeholders needs. Being part of tech team, you will evaluate existing applications and platforms, give recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis, identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications. You will maintain the routine application maintenance tasks accomplished via strategy-building techniques. DevOps Engineer will also help create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance, troubleshooting existing information systems for errors and resolving those errors.
- Designing, creating, validating and maintaining templates, playbooks, and modules for configuration management and infrastructure deployment tools leveraging open source tools;
Participating in the analysis of and document requirements for development of new or improved infrastructure automation;
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions i.e. Continuous Integration Tools.
- Build independent web-based tools, microservices and solutions.
- Write scripts and automation using Bash/Java/Python.
- Implement integrations requested by software engineering team.
- Deploy updates and fixes.
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve deployment cycle.
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Develop scripts to automate systems health visualization.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Configure and manage data sources RDBS and NoSQL.
- Maintain team and project management tools such as Agile Manager or Agile Bench.
- BSc or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- 4-6 years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure.
- 4 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role.
- 2+ years’ experience in DevOps processes and tools (Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Chef/Puppet, PagerDuty, NewRelic, Splunk).
- Demonstrable experience of continuous integration tools like Bamboo or Jenkins.
- Good knowledge of shell scripting or Java or Python.
- Working knowledge of databases both RDBS and noSQL.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Team spirit and team player.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Good time-management skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity.
The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment.
Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly.
Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.