Living Goods Senior Manager (Digital Health Partnerships) Job in Kenya 2019
Senior Manager, Digital Health Partnerships role at Living Goods
Do you want your work to matter?
Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living?
Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
We are looking for a Technology Project Manager who will support the Senior Manager, Technology in the implementation of a Microsoft Dynamics Cloud based ERP system and execution of a portfolio of Software development projects.
You will be charged with managing various stakeholders while providing leadership to the IT engineering team in supporting both internal and external clients.
ERP and Software Projects Management
- Provide detailed end to end project management support towards implementation of a Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP system.
- Lead technical implementation of tactical and strategic technology driven projects including smart health suite of applications, analytical dashboards and other Mhealth initiates.
- Coordinate detailed application development across LG technical teams and technology partners, implementation and monitoring of technology work plans against signed off timelines.
- Own and coordinate schedules and technology support towards all projects and communications/correspondence.
- Lead engagement with other stakeholders and translate business program requirements into technical requirements and communicate such details while working closely with the software development team.
- Proactively manage project changes, identify potential issues & devise contingency plans while continuously documenting changing aspects of the project.
- Prepare and disseminate systems reports on a regular basis to internal and external users.
- Work with other stakeholders in technology department to ensure technology implementation plans are in line with overall program guidelines, timelines and targets.
- Coordinating implementation (software development, testing, deployments) among several engineering teams, vendors, partners including working with governments functions to ensure integration and alignment of Living Goods tools with existing Ministry of health and DHIS2 guidelines.
- Attend stakeholder meetings, workshops, and conferences and present Living Goods technology solutions and work to diverse audiences.
- Assist identification and management of vendors for IT related functions for LG Kenya and identifies opportunities for operational efficiency.
- Manage consultants to ensure projects delivered successfully against the objectives of Scope, time and cost.
- Grow, mentor, coach and inspire a growing team of IT team providing clear and constructive feedback and creating opportunities for learning and growth.
- Continuously do a skills assessment, identify gaps and advice organisation on way forward towards bringing in new skills and experience where necessary.
- Proactively monitor team performance against set goals and ensure that the team is on track or where necessary action is taken to get back on track.
- Analyze user feedback and ensure that technology applications continuously improve and optimizes client satisfaction.
- Work with department heads, end users and stakeholders to understand their needs and deploy effective solutions and training.
- Resolution of escalated issues with systems and infrastructure especially those requiring outside vendor support.
- Support management of all Living Goods management information systems including: LG’s data warehouse and reporting tools, website, accounting software, point of sale system and ERP.
System Security and Compliance
- Monitor IT quality assurance and control standards and ensure compliance to overall organizational tech strategy.
- Review IT Security periodically and advise on measures to enhance and optimize security of technology systems, infrastructure and data.
Required Technical Background
- A degree in Computer science or related field and industry certification in agile project management.
- Over 8 years of firm technical foundation acquired while developing, deploying and integrating various technology solutions including mobile software development platforms, databases, cloud infrastructure systems, analytics and dashboard.
- 5+ years previous experience working on cloud-based environments, running web servers, testing Android APKs and ability to isolate problems and guide engineers towards resolving problems.
- Previous experience in complex software integrations, API management and proficient in database management e.g. PostgreSQL, CouchDB
- Knowledge and experience working with several stakeholders to drive full lifecycle of technology projects. i.e. taking ownership on requirement gathering, product designing, code development, unit and end to end testing, pilot and launch planning as well as proper transitioning to operations team.
- Certification in agile project management methodologies and hands on experience on software project management tools (e.g. GitHub projects, Harvest, Asana, Trello).
- Familiarity with or experience using widely-adopted, open source data and information platforms a plus (e.g. OpenMRS, DHIS2, RapidPro).
- Previous experience in deployment and support of Microsoft AX and Dynamics 365 ERP solutions will be an added advantage.
Required Management Skills
- 4+ years of direct team management experience, building high-performance teams composed of local and remote members and experience working with outsourced development partners.
- Ability to communicate accurately, clearly, and effectively in written and spoken English.
- Motivated to complete projects in a fast-paced environment while armed with the altitude to get things done quickly and efficiently, regardless of obstacles.
- Able to prioritize dozens of high value tasks simultaneously, in an environment where priorities are constantly changing. Able to stay organized in this environment.
- Self-starter and motivated to move ahead without direct instruction on each step of a project.
- Able to take big, sometimes nebulous tasks and break them down into the right sequence.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with and lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience interacting, guiding and managing system administrators and software teams.
- A team player who enjoys interacting with people of all levels in a multicultural environment.
Compensation: A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly.
Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.