GA Insurance Limited is one of the oldest insurance companies operating in Kenya underwriting all classes of general and medical insurance. The company has its parentage from General Accident UK and has been operating in East Africa for over 60 years. It was incorporated as a Kenyan Insurance Company in 1979. The company over a period of time has earned its standing as one of the most reputable insurance companies in Kenya.
Responsible for preserving corporate memory and heritage, maintaining data into the database, classifying and processing records according to GA Insurance procedures.
Ensuring related records are linked, searchable and retrievable and meet firm compliance requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the management of electronic and/or paper-based information, identify the most appropriate records management resources
- Design and develop filing systems, business classification schemes and undertake records surveys
- Ensures that corporate records are organized, indexed, and stored according to corporate standards
- Manages and continually improves the management of GA’s records holdings in keeping with Generally
- Accepted Recordkeeping Principles (GARP) or similar frameworks
- Developing, reviewing and implementing the records management policies, manuals, procedures, guidelines, strategies and standards in line with the overall corporate plan.
- Ensuring safe custody of records.
- Ensure compliance with Data Protection Act. Advise on complex legal and regulatory issues, often involving judgements in areas such as Data Protection Acts, General Data
- Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other national or regional legislation
- Ensuring records are assigned retention periods that are aligned with regulatory, contractual, and corporate risk management requirements.
- Ensuring effective and efficient management of the Registry operations.
- Manages the approval process for records disposition and coordinates destruction of eligible and approved records.
- Establish retention and disposal schedules.
- Ensuring proper coding of member files for easy retrieval of records in response to audits and On Demand.
- Ensuring proper and accurate maintenance of members records.
- Managing incoming and outgoing mails and cheques.
- Ensuring members’ queries are handled and resolved in the shortest time possible.
- Devising appropriate systems to ensure proper control in the movement of files.
- Establishing and maintaining records management systems.
- Identifying and communicating potential risks to records.
- Manage the changeover from paper to electronic records management system
- Maintains an inventory of all corporate records and related data in the head / branch office and off-site storage facilities.
- Responsible for tracking movement of records retrieved in and out of long-term storage, as well as within head / branch office.
- Manages the relationship with GA’ off-site hardcopy records storage vendor.
- Ensuring security of information, documents, files and equipment
- Overseeing implementation of ISO and Quality Management Systems in the Section.
- Coordinating preparation of the sectional annual budget and work plans.
- Assists in ensuring all current policies and procedures related to records management are communicated to relevant staff
- Coordinating preparation of sectional monthly performance reports
- Managing the Individual and sectional performance targets.
- Develops and delivers training to staff regarding records management practices to ensure integrity of records
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Information Science; Records
- Management and Information Technology; Archives and Records Management or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Postgraduate qualification in archives, records management or library science preferred, but not necessary.
- Knowledge of industry specific software
- Certified Records Manager preferred.
Skills and Qualities:
- Curiosity, an eye for detail, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Prior experience managing and supervising department staff, multiple project teams, and other initiatives preferred
- Demonstrated integrity, independent thinking, judgment, and respect for others
- Proven ability to deal sensitively in multicultural environments and build effective working relationships with internal clients, counterpart, and colleagues
- Demonstrated presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills. Ability to use logic and reasoning based on a wide range of experience and training to solve moderately complex problems
- Working Knowledge of Data Protection Act and relevant legislations a MUST
- Experience in Records Management in managerial role for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Demonstrable high degree of professional competence, administrative capability required for effective planning, direction, control and coordination of Records Management services
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 20 January. 2022