Media Officer Job, Communications Jobs in Kenya, Pr Jobs in Kenya, Action Aid Jobs
Want to use your excellent skills in news and communications to strengthen our fight for women’s rights, social justice and an end to poverty? You’ll be joining an innovative and creative team at an exciting time as we begin implementing a new global communications strategy and raising ActionAid’s profile internationally.
- As media officer, you’ll be responsible for playing a leading role in delivering significant increases in the quantity and quality of ActionAid’s global media coverage. You’ll be part of ActionAid International, the global secretariat of a 45-country federation. We have unprecedented access to human interest stories which resonate with media and donors, with storytelling and creative content at the heart of our new strategy.
- An experienced PR professional or journalist, you’ll come armed with fresh, creative ideas about how we can engage journalists and become the go-to organisation for media reporting on our strategic priorities. Your expertise will support with the effective delivery of international media moments, linked to multi-country campaigns and core comms priorities, including climate justice and women’s labour rights.
- You’ll use your excellent communications skills to build relationships and work closely with ActionAid countries to amplify their visibility and voice on stories with both national and international significance.
- Recognising the increasing importance of social media in the distribution of news and as an ever-expanding space to interact with journalists, influencers and other stakeholders, this role is key to building reach and engagement through our social platforms, and ensuring ActionAid takes an active and timely reaction to relevant breaking news stories and humanitarian emergencies.
- This is a brilliant opportunity to make your mark in a fast-paced environment with a team that values experimentation and continuous improvement.
- You must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to quickly develop effective working relationships with a diverse stakeholder group and be able to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities effectively. You must also be willing to travel.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and interested in learning within a political, changing and diverse work environment and with a strong commitment to ActionAid International’s vision, mission, values and strategy on human rights and socioeconomic justice? If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
How To Apply
If you have the skills, motivation and experience we need please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com by midnight on 2 February 2020.
In the subject line of your email please write ‘Media officer – Your Name’.
You are requested to highlight in the cover letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role. To be considered for this role, you must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in your chosen location.