A fast growing micro finance institution is urgently seeking to fill in the positions outlined below:
Position: Debt Collector
Reporting to: Debt Collector Manager
Other Relationships: Marketing, Credit, Customer Service, HR, Finance, Operations & IT
Job Summary: Debt collector will effectively manage the company’s credit/Debit policy and minimize overdue debtor’s balances.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Utilize various tracing techniques and strategies to collect personal information of customers with outstanding debts.
- Contact customers with balances and negotiate payment terms and schedules.
- Minimize objections for payment and suggest available customer-friendly payment options.
- Negotiate extended payment plans and the best course of action for customers seeking to avoid further debts
- Use the provided platforms to keep detailed records regarding conversations with customers and outcomes.
- Offer clients several payment options and arrange for the prompt repayment of balances.
- Communicate with management and other team members about methods and strategies to ensure a positive rate of customers agreeing to repay their debts.
- Follow up all outstanding debts for customer accounts that have defaulted in liaison with operations manager and branch manager.
- Handle disputed issues and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms.
Minimum qualifications, experience & competencies required:
- 1-3 years collection experience preferred
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to positively connect with clients and encourage them to make payments toward debts owed
- Time management skills are essential to complete all required client calls daily
- Experience meeting retention and negotiation sales goals
- Basic computer software skills and the ability to work within relevant data spreadsheets
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and the ability to reason and think quickly is essential for negotiating effectively
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented and a team player with a flexible approach.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current and expected remuneration, quoting the job tittle in the subject field to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.