Mombasa Beach Hotel Stewarding Supervisor Job in Kenya 2019
Kenya Safari Lodges and Hotels is a Limited company incorporated in 1966.
Our mission is to enhance customer value by offering top quality hospitality experiences.
KSLH attracts many clients in their 3 (three) units being: – Mombasa Beach Hotel, Voi safari Lodge and Ngulia safari Lodge.
Position: Stewarding Supervisor Unit – MBH
Main Purpose of the Job: The job holder will be responsible for maintenance and Cleanliness Kitchen stewards’ brigade by ensuring that cleanliness and tidiness in Kitchen and other designated areas is maintained.
- Ensures that the detergents used are the right ones and their quality is controlled, as per material safety data sheets.
- Ensures maintenance of cleanliness and proper set on the buffet.
- Ensures transfer of garbage to disposal areas and ensure cleanliness plus the drums therein.
- Ensures staff utensils and the canteen are cleaned and set up properly.
- Shall be familiar with the proper handling of all F&B operating equipments.
- Ensures cleanliness of the kitchen and other related areas.
- Supervises stewarding team in all aspects of the department and ensure standards are followed.
- Ensure that all Kitchen operational equipment are working and report any item that needs to be repaired.
- Orders and controls all inventory of cleaning compounds.
- Undertakes and participates in stocktaking and prepare monthly reports in shortages in china, silverware and other equipments and requisition, replacements as required while following budget guidelines.
- Ensures availability of operating equipment as per the event order.
- Record temperature of the food serviced in between the service period.
- Performs any other relevant duties and special assignment/projects as may be directed by the chef.
- Academic Qualification: KCSE or equivalent
- Professional Qualification: -Training in hygiene and sanitization courses.
- Length of experience:3-4 years
- Must have HACCP knowledge
- Must have knowledge in first aid and fire fighting skill
- Additional skills required: Able to operate dish washing machines foreign languages, good communication & interpersonal skills, Knowledge in detergents
How to Apply
If you believe that you meet the above criteria, please submit your application alongside a detailed CV, attaching copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials, stating current position, experience, names of at least 3 professional referees, e-mail address and telephone contacts to the following address:-
The Ag. General Manager
Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Ltd
P.o Box 90414-80100, Mombasa.
To reach us by close of business on Thursday March 7, 2019.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
KSLH is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.