Trócaire works in partnership with national and local organisations, supporting communities in over 20 developing countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East to bring about lasting change. Trócaire envisages a just and peaceful world where people’s dignity is ensured and rights are respected, basic needs are met and resources are shared equitably, people have control over their own lives and those in power act for the common good.
Trócaire seeks to recruit a dedicated Monitoring and Data Management Intern to support the organization’s MEAL and research functions in the Global Support Office and other duties as assigned. The Monitoring and Data Management Intern will be responsible for supporting data collection and analysis across programmes, particularly building and maintaining reliable Trocaire-owned databases for all grants across health, nutrition, humanitarian, wash, livelihoods and education. The intern shall provide a dashboard and narrative summary of Trocaire Somalia’s monthly programme reach.
Safeguarding Programme Participants-Children & Adults
Trócaire is committed to Safeguarding people within our programmes from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
• Develop Indicator Performance Tracking Tables (IPTT) for all projects
• Work with programme teams to update IPTT monthly
• Prepare monthly dashboards of Trocaire Somalia’s monthly reach across all thematic areas – health, nutrition, humanitarian, wash, livelihoods and education
• Provide monthly report summarizing Trocaire Somalia’s reach every month – to be used by programme, institutional funding and country management teams for decision making
• Ensure IPTT data and cluster reports are accurately aligned every month
• Support the MEAL Officer to develop a database for tracking non-sensitive complaints and feedback from beneficiaries; and track progress of each complaint/ feedback monthly; giving a monthly update to SMT
· Any other reasonable and relevant area of work that, in the opinion of management, is consistent with the role of an intern.
Behavioural Competencies in Line with Trócaire’s Competency Framework
● Leading: Reflecting our values of Participation & Accountability, acts to inspire and lead others to achieve their potential, demonstrating Trócaire’s values with integrity in order to achieve our organisation’s objectives.**
● Communicating: Reflecting our value of Participation, being one organisation, communicating clearly and transparently across, teams, units, divisions, locations and other external organisations. Getting our message across with impact.
● Collaborating: Reflecting our values of Participation & Solidarity, partnering effectively as One Trócaire organisation and, in solidarity, maintains positive relationships built on trust and respect.
● Stewardship of Resources: Reflecting our value of Accountability and decision-making around the best use of resources. Using our resources transparently, sustainably, ethically, fairly & with integrity; acknowledging Trócaire’s reputation in the use of resources.
● Delivering Results: Reflecting our values of Accountability & Perseverance, getting a quality job done through effective performance, planning and decision making.
● Continual Improvement & Learning: Reflecting our values of Participation & Courage, constantly looking to learn and develop self, employees, and partners to better fulfil Trócaire’s’ mission.
● Flexibility & Change: Reflecting our values of Participation & Courage, adapts positively to change and to different ways of doing things; manages or takes part in change processes in a way that is appropriate to role in the organisation.
Person Specification – Essential Requirements
• Reputable University degree or higher qualification in Social Sciences
• At least 1 year of experience in development and humanitarian programme work
• Experience in building excel databases
• Experience in data visualization/ dashboards
• Some experience in report writing for development and humanitarian projects
• Ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines
• Experience in/knowledge of M&E will be an advantage
• Proven technical skills in data management for NGO development and humanitarian projects
• Excellent communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken English
• Strong inter-personal skills
• Strong computer skills especially MS Excel
• Flexible and adaptable to work under unstable environments and under pressure with limited support
• Problem-solving skills and analytical skills preferred
• Fluency in Somali language would be an advantage.
• Shows drive, initiative, and commitment to accountability.
• Possesses an unwavering sense of integrity.
• Committed to continuing personal and professional development
• Builds strong relationships and works effectively as part of a team
• Shows flexibility, adapts easily to change.
• Empathy with and understanding of the work of Trócaire.
• Ability to present concise reports, reflecting the data and information collected
• Flexible and willing to work additional hours to ensure that the required results are delivered
Reporting to MEAL Coordinator this is a fixed term contract for one year and is based in Nairobi with travel to field locations in Somalia.
How to apply For the Candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, Trocaire Offers a competitive package of salary and benefits**
The closing date for receipt of applications is 4th MAY 2022.
For full details of this position, please see job description attached.
please send a copy of your CV and covering letter (quoting the job title above) to: [https://trocaire.workable.com/